The key considerations for the effective endurance coaching of young athletes including appropriate volumes and intensities of training for those at different ages and stages of development.
Content on this workshop will include:
- Current information of the development of energy systems in young athletes
- Appropriate training volumes and intensities for different ages of athletes
- Consideration of the athlete’s long-term development including physical preparation, technical development and developing the whole child
- Discussion and interactive session around planning appropriate endurance sessions for young athletes
- Considerations specific to coaching developing female athletes
Coaches to bring any food or drink they require for during the workshop. Some facilities may have a canteen or cafe area, but some will have no areas available to buy refreshments.
The workshop will include practical sessions so please bring suitable clothing i.e. trainers, shorts / tracksuit bottoms.
England Athletics welcome you bringing a video camera/ tablet device to this workshop should you want to film some of the exercises for personal use*. However, some restrictions, or requirements to ‘sign in’ equipment may be in place at some facilities and we ask that you respect the rules concerning recordings in place at venues we use.
*Use of footage is for personal use/ use by your affiliated club only, commercial use or publishing of recordings is not permitted.