Equality and Diversity in Sport
Equality and Diversity in Sport course
The Equality and Diversity in Sport course explains the fundamentals of equality and diversity and how they affect you. This includes looking at the Equality Act 2010 and the ‘protected characteristics’ that form the basis of the law, as well some of the barriers that can prevent equality being realised, such as prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination, victimisation and harassment.
This course can help introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher, is accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
This is a self-paced online learning module available for £4.50.
Mental Wellbeing in Sport and Physical Activity module
Aimed at those who participate in sport and their support networks such as coaches, family and medical support staff.
The benefits of this module are:
- Have a greater awareness of common mental health disorders and their prevalence amongst sports people.
- Recognise some of the warning signs of common mental health disorders.
- Have an increased understanding of how the pressures of sport can impact on mental health.
- Understand the health benefits of participating in sport and physical activity.
- Know what to do if you are concerned about someone or yourself.
- Know how to promote mental wellbeing in sport.
This is a self-paced online learning module available for £9.50.
Book your place on the Equality and Diversity in Sport course via Athletics Hub