County Championships are organised by County Associations across England. You can compete at your County Championships if you were born in that county, have resided there for a specified amount of time or meet other conditions your county allows for.
For many counties, the track and field championships provide opportunities for those athletes wanting to be selected for their county at the England Athletics AAA & UK CAU Senior Championships.
England Athletics also has a scheme where county associations can apply for grants to help support them with improving the quality of their championships. This funding can help with resources such as electronic timing and electronic distance measurement. County AA secretaries are emailed the application form directly.
England Athletics Support for County Championships 2023
England Athletics is delighted to support County Associations ahead of the Track and Field Season for the 10th consecutive year.
County Associations can apply retrospectively for a grant of £500 towards the costs of the Track and Field Championships by reporting on the following the criteria below and completing the form.
England Athletics will support Counties with a grant of £500 for Counties who achieved or were working towards the following criteria:
- Online entry
- Online results
- Photo finish
- Use of EDM on long throws
- Complete the overview section.
- Complete which other sections apply to your grant.
- Deadline for applications 1 June 2023.
- All effort will be made to notify successful applicants within 10 days of receipt.
- Payments will be made on the production of a valid invoice to be submitted to England Athletics.