The affiliation year runs from 1 April - 31 March. The process for renewal is:
- A digital pack for affiliation and registration guidelines for clubs is sent to Club Secretaries in March
- Clubs can renew their club affiliation from 1 April via the myAthletics portal where they will be asked to:
- Complete their Club Standards checklist
- Review and update all club committee roles
- Agree to the terms and conditions of affiliation
- Pay the £150 club affiliation fee
- Process the athlete registration fees for their athletes and runners and update their information accordingly
Guidance on athlete registration
Guidance and forms for the following can be found in the Useful Documents area of the myAthletics portal.
- Other discipline application form
- Foreign athlete form
- Higher competition form
- Change of club process and flowchart
- Composite Team Guidance
U11 registration scheme
Whilst it is not compulsory for under 11s to register in order to compete, there are benefits to each club in registering under 11s and England Athletics are committed to helping clubs grow the number of volunteers they have available to help out in their club.
Registered under 11s will receive an electronic pack, as well as an offer for their parents/guardians to attend a Leading Athletics or Officials course free of charge which will encourage parents to be available and volunteer in their child’s club environment.
New for 2023 is an initiative by England Athletics to help each club grow their coaching volunteers. For every 30 under 11s registered, England Athletics will provide a free place on a Coaching Assistant course, and the club will be able to choose who to send on these courses.
At the beginning of each month, England Athletics will calculate the number of under 11s registered and supply each club who has met this criteria with a voucher code to supply to their chosen candidate. They will then be able to enrol and begin their coaching pathway.
Visit the myAthletics portal to process your club affiliation renewal