Reporting a concern
Whilst England Athletics hope that everyone in the sport has a positive experience. We are committed to protecting everyone in the sport so if you have any concerns about the safety of a coach, official, volunteer, athlete or runner please report your concerns to us.
If you think a child, young person or adult is at risk of significant harm or abuse, or require urgent protection, call the Police on 999 and/or your local Social Services.
If the matter is not immediate, please speak to the person on site responsible for safeguarding and welfare or contact a member of our Safeguarding Team by calling 07920 532553.
In either circumstance, please also complete the Safeguarding Incident form.
UK Athletics will work with the complainant, the club or organisation, the respondent, and any statutory agency that is appropriate in order to manage or address the concern. All safeguarding concerns are treated with confidentiality and information is only shared on a need to know basis.
Serious Misconduct is unacceptable or improper behaviour, especially by an club member (athlete, runner, volunteer, coach, official or paid person).
Examples of serious misconduct include (without limitations) theft, doping violations, fraud, physical violence, safeguarding policy breach, serious breach of applicable health and safety, gambling and/or ticketing regulation or any act or omission of the respondent which in the opinion of England Athletics, acting reasonable, brings or is likely to bring the sport of athletics in disrepute.
To report serious misconduct complaints email email@example.com
Incident, Accident or fatality
UK Athletics provide a Health and Safety Helpline, supported by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents. If you need support can call 0121 248 2235 or email athleticsafety@RoSPA.com
To report an incident, accident or fatality please complete the Health & Safety Reporting Form.
- Advice and support regarding Club and Athlete Compliance and Wellbeing matters: contact England Athletics via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07464 522426.
- Advice and support regarding Safeguarding/Child Protection concerns or UKA Licensed Coach/Official concerns can be obtained by contacting email@example.com or call 07785592860.
- Further information on abuse and neglect in relation to children is available from NSPCC
- Ann Craft Trust is a national organisation providing information and advice about adult safeguarding.
- Digital Club Support can be found via Club Hub.
Our digital support area with a range of useful resources for clubs.