Registration & Offers
Athlete registration is carried out through affiliated clubs - individuals can not register with England Athletics. To find a club to suit your needs see www.englandathletics.org/clubfinder.
Important information regarding athlete registration
Click here for more information about Athlete registration, (our Athlete Registration section) including advice regarding the registration requirements included as part of the UKA Rules for Competition 2016.
The rule book is available for downloading at www.uka.org.uk/competitions/rules/
Find out more
Below you can learn more about
- The benefits of being a registered athlete
- Details on how to become a registered athlete
- Checks on athlete registration
- Moving clubs
- Foreign athlete registration
You can also find out more about our partnerships with:
- New Balance - www.englandathletics.org/new-balance
- InterContinental Hotels Group - www.englandathletics.org/IHG
- AfterShokz - www.englandathletics.org/AfterShokz
Club affiliation and athlete registration also form part of the UKA Rules for competition. Eligibility to enter competitions as a club or individual depends on affiliation (club) and registration (individual) status. Please see www.uka.org.uk/competitions/rules for full information.
As a registered athlete you are able to access a number of benefits:
- Entry to events exclusively available to registered athletes - under UKA Rules for Competition many competitions, particularly track and field, are only open to registered athletes.
- Entry discounts (minimum £2) on UKA licenced road and multi-terrain events
- ebulletins including key information on the sport and exclusive registered athlete offers. You can ensure your email address and mailing preferences are up to date at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete
- The ability to have a say on how the sport is run and funded in a way that reflects your fundamental importance to the sport
- Opportunities for you, (and at times your club or your school) to get involved in exclusive events and experiences in association with British Athletics
- Your registration fee helps make a difference to many areas of the sport
Exclusive offers - We work with partners including New Balance, InterContinental Hotels Group, and AfterShokz to provide registered athletes with exclusive offers and vouchers for money off.
Some of these can be accessed via the benefits page at www.englandathletics.org/registered-athlete. Others are sent by email so ensure your contact details are up to date and you have opted to receive information!
- Entry in the Great Run Club Challenge competition in the Great Run Events
Becoming a Registered Athlete
As an athlete it is straight forward to become a registered athlete with England Athletics.
- You must be a member of a club that is affiliated to England Athletics.
- Your club is then responsible for registering you with England Athletics. For the affiliation year from 1 April 2017 is £14. The charge is often paid by the club member alongside their club membership subscription and many clubs state this when publicising the membership fee. (For 2018-19, from 1 April 2018, the fee will be £15)
- Once England Athletics have received your details from your club, and payment for your registration, we will allocate you a Unique Registration Number (URN).
- Membership Services submit details of registered athletes to our registration card printers every two weeks. Your England Athletics registration card should be received no later than three weeks from that submission. Athletes who have had a card and URN from previous years should retain that.
- Your Registration number will be on the card that you are sent, it will also be available from the person at your club who keeps your details up to date on the secure club portal.
Once registered your URN stays the same from year-to-year. However, your club must have made an up-to-date payment on your registration for your registration to remain active. If payment is not received your registration will become inactive.
If you experience any problems in receiving your URN / Athletics Card, you should contact –
- Your Club Secretary or Membership Secretary
- Membership Services on 0121 347 6543
England Athletics, UKA and event organisers work in partnership to ensure that checks on England Athletics athlete registrations are carried out. Road races are able to use a ‘competition checker’ as well as race entries taken through runbritain automatically being checked for a valid England Athletics registration.
Please ensure you cooperate with your club to ensure your athlete registration is kept up to date and that you are eligible to compete
Checks on athletes also involve use of Power of 10 to check that those athletes featuring in results submitted to Power of 10 hold the appropriate England Athletics registration.
Changing clubs within England Athletics is now done online. The online application is for changing clubs within England only. If you are transferring to a club elsewhere in the United Kingdom you will need to complete the paper applications from the respective Home Nations Governing bodies. You can find instructions on how to do this in the file Change of First Claim Club 2017 (260k PDF) on the right hand side / bottom of this page.
Our Athletes section contains the Eligibility Decisions for each month. Also on the right is an application form which should be completed by those athletes wishing to compete for a new Club in a discipline for which their First Claim Club does not affiliate.
Higher Competition Athlete Registration
Higher Competition Athlete applications for 2018 are now open. Athletes are required to complete the 2018 Higher Competition Athlete registration form for new applications. More information regarding Higher Competition Athletes can be found in the UK Athletics Rules for Competition (21 S3 (4)).
Completed forms can be returned either by post to the address on the form, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the closing date for applications is March 1st 2018.
||Tweets by @EnglandAthletic|