Change of Club
Online process for clubs within England
- Sign in to the myAthletics portal, using your URN (England Athletics registration number) and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can use the request new password function (Please check your spam/junk folder for this email, if not received within one hour).
- Once signed in to the myAthletics portal, click on the ‘Club Transfer’ tab found on the left-hand side menu. This will bring up the ‘First Claim Club Transfers’ screen. This will show any ‘In Progress’ or ‘Previous’ club transfers.
- To start the change of club application, click on the ‘Start New Transfer’ button.
- Enter the name of the new club you want to transfer to in the relevant space and enter any comments you want to send to the club you are wishing to leave. Once both boxes are completed, click the box in the bottom left-hand corner to confirm you have read and agreed with the terms and conditions for the transfer. If you are exempt from payment (U15’s & those returning after three years) you will be taken to the transfer complete screen.
- Billing Information. Please complete the marked boxes for the address your payment card is registered to and then click the ‘Review and Pay’ button.
- Check your details are correct on the next screen and tick the confirmation box in the bottom left-hand of the screen and then click on the ‘Go to Payment’ button to proceed to the next screen.
- Select your payment method and enter the requested card details. Once entered click on the ‘Pay £10 now’ button and complete your change of club transfer.
- A club transfer complete screen will appear giving details of the next stage of the process and contact details for England Athletics. You will be kept informed on the progress of your application by email.
- Your transfer request will be sent to club officials at your former club. The club has 28 days to respond to this request.
- If this is your first club transfer application in 12 months, once approved by your former club, your transfer will be completed the next day.
- If this is your second club transfer within 12 months, your application will go to the Eligibility Committee on the 11th of the month, and will be cleared on the 1st of the next month (subject to competition ban)
Those athletes wishing to compete for a new club in a discipline for which their First Claim Club does not affiliate can download the Other Discipline application form (DOC 140kB).
Change of club process between clubs from different home countries
If you are transferring from an English club to a club elsewhere in the United Kingdom you will need to complete the paper applications from the respective Home Country - the links below will take you to the right page: Scottish Athletics | Welsh Athletics | Athletics Northern Ireland
If you are transferring from one of the above Home Countires to England Athletics, then you will need to complete the Change of Club transfer form (DOC 90kB) and make the appropriate payment and then sent to email@example.com for processing.
Higher competition athletes
To compete for another club as a Higher Competition Athlete an athlete must complete the Higher Competition Athlete application form (DOC 40kB) and make the appropriate payment.
More information regarding Higher Competition Athletes can be found in the UK Athletics Rules for Competition (Rule 21 S3 (4)).
Athlete registration checker
Check your athlete registration status by using our online athlete registration checker.