Ensure your coaching licence is valid - you need a DBS
To hold a valid UKA licence for coaching (including Coaching Assistant and Leadership in Running fitness) you must have a current DBS check. We would strongly urge all coaches to check that their DBS check is up to date and that their profile has their correct details so that a DBS reminder can be sent to you.
The process for checking you DBS is up to date is as per below. We would recommend that you check your contact details, in particular your email address, are up to date as this allows a DBS reminder to be sent. Being opted in to receive mailings from us also helps us to give you other information relating to the sport and your role.
1. Log into your profile at www.englandathletics.org/myprofile .
If you are applying for a coaching or officials licence for the first time your profile will be created for you after you have booked on a course. Information confirming your profile has been set up and how to access the portal will be sent to you once you are booked on a course.
2. See the 'Personal Details' section
This is at the top of the page once you have logged in. At the bottom of the first column you will see your current DBS status:
- If you have no DBS check or your DBS check has expired this will be shown in red - please click on the link to 'Access online DBS' next to this to complete the online application
- If your DBS check is due to expire shortly this will be shown in amber - please click on the link to 'Access online DBS' next to this to complete the online application
- If your DBS check is fully up to date the date and status will be shown in green - you do not need to act, there will be no link to access the online DBS process. It is, however, worth noting when your application is due to expire so you can act a few months before this
The online form process is simple to follow, on screen information at each stage will help you complete it effectively.
3. You will need to physically show three forms of identification to your 'evidence checker/ verifier'.
More information on who to choose as your 'evidence checker/ verifier' is given in the online process and information on the types of identification is available here. They can then complete their part of the process online, or fill in and send the printed verification form in the post to Athletics Welfare after seeing and validating your documents.
Applications made online will still receive an ‘applicant’s’ certificate from the DBS. If the certificate finds ‘no information’ you do not need to send the certificate to UKA for verification.
If you have previously received a DBS certificate but not via the UKA online DBS application process, or your certification contains information, you do need to return this certificate to the UKA Welfare team.
4. When UKA have received electronic confirmation for online applications, your licence will be produced and sent out to you.
Paper-based DBS Application
For those applicants who do not wish to use the online application process you can still apply for a paper application form from the Athletics Welfare team.
If you have any queries regarding updating your DBS record please contact the Welfare office on 0121 713 8450 or email: email@example.com