Regional Coach and Athlete Development Day (Gateshead)
Venue: Gateshead College Academy for Sport, next to Gateshead International Stadium, Neilson Road, Gateshead NE10 0EF
Description: Workshops aimed at Coaches who have completed the Athletics Coach qualification or the old Level 2 and above. The aim is to bring coaches and athletes together to network and improve coaching practice. The sessions will be delivered by England Athletics Regional Coach Lead with support from National Level Coaches.
Athletes can attend but coaches will be limited to one athlete, so we can deliver a valuable learning experience to all coaches and athletes.
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
- 9:30 to 10:00 - Arrival & Registration
- 10:00 to 12:00 - Generic physical preparation/movement screening. Functional movement screening using exercises to identify physical limitations that could inhibit performance and progression. The session will include some presentation but will be largely practical with ideas to take back to a club environment.
- 12:00 to 1:00 - Lunch. Not provided by England Athletics.
1:00 to 2:30 - 90 minutes event specific practical. Regional Coach Lead in each event group or other lead coach will deliver specific practical to incorporate and explore the morning session. This will address how some of the limitations identified in the morning can be incorporated into a general to specific warm up.
Please note that Throws will focus on Hammer and Shot and there will be no Pole Vault at this workshop.
- 2:30 to 4:00 - 90 minutes event specific practical. RCL in each event group or other lead coach to deliver specific practical.
- 4:00 to 4:30 - Question and Answers hosted by RCL and other Lead Coaches
Cost: £20 (no charge for accompanying athlete)
To book: Click here to go direct to booking page; registration closing 17th August 2018