England Athletics is running a series of Regional Coach & Athlete Training Days across the country between September 2019 and March 2020. Delivered by elite-level coaches, these practical event-specific sessions are tailored to either Speed, Endurance, Jumps or Throws and are perfect for club-based athletes and coaches looking to develop in areas including training, preparation and technique.
Athletes and Coaches are encouraged to attend together, but can also attend separately, and pricing is only £10 per person per session.
BOOK NOW: if you’d like to book onto one or more sessions then follow the links below:
For more information on dates, locations and session content, view the promotional leaflets below:
- Speed: 100m, 200m and 400m – Click to view the latest Speed promotional leaflet (PDF 1MB)
- Endurance: 800m, 1500m, 3000m and 5000m – Click to view the latest Endurance promotional leaflet (PDF 300kB)
- Jumps: Long Jump, Triple Jump and High Jump – Click to view the latest Jumps promotional leaflet (PDF 600kB)
- Throws: Javelin, Shot Put, Hammer and Discus – Click to view the latest Throws promotional leaflet (PDF 200kB)
Athletes – Why Attend?
- Great opportunity if you’re a club-based athlete looking to improve your event training and preparation
- Practical training-based sessions open to both experienced and novice athletes
- Opportunity to meet and train with other athletes
- BRING YOUR COACH AND LEARN TOGETHER
Coaches – Why Attend?
- Ideal if you’re a club-based coach looking to enhance your event coaching experience and skill set
- Practical training-based sessions open to coaches qualified at Coaching Assistant level and above
- Opportunity to meet and network with other coaches
- BRING ONE OR MORE ATHLETES AND WORK TOGETHER
If you have any questions, or would like more detail about the sessions in your area, please see below for a list of contacts of lead coaches for each area:
Speed: North – Graham Pilkington firstname.lastname@example.org
South West – Harry King email@example.com or Martin Owens firstname.lastname@example.org
South East – Mike Leonard email@example.com
Endurance: North – Andi Drake firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlands – Sonia McGeorge email@example.com or Chris McGeorge firstname.lastname@example.org
South West – Mark Brace email@example.com
South East – Tom Craggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Jumps: North – Jamie French email@example.com
Midlands – Julie Dodoo firstname.lastname@example.org
South West – Denis Doyle email@example.com
South East – Guy Spencer firstname.lastname@example.org
Throws: North – Paul Wilson email@example.com
Midlands – Rob Careless firstname.lastname@example.org
South West – Mark Bradford email@example.com
South East – Rob Earle firstname.lastname@example.org
The sessions are recommended for athletes aged 13+. The sessions are not linked to any specific club. Please see above promotional leaflets or online booking links for more information on session timings and detail.