Anglo Celtic Plate 100km Home International Team Race
Perth, Scotland on 24th March 2019
England Athletics continues to value the Anglo Celtic Plate Home International and the role it plays in developing English athletes at a distance beyond the Marathon. England Athletics notes that the best in the UK tend to compete at these championships and England Athletics wish to build on the medal successes achieved in the past by the England Team.
- Teams of up to a maximum of four men and four women may be selected.
- The Selection Panel will also consider head to head performances in races, quality of standards met, athlete development stage, future potential, consistency of performance over the last 6-12 months, competition history and current fitness.
- England Athletics reserve the right not to fill all places where no athlete meets the selection criteria.
- Any selected athlete with doubts over their fitness in the lead up to the race may be required to evidence a fitness test.
- England Athletics reserve the right to deselect athletes who the selection panel or its nominated representative feel are not fit or competitive enough in the final month before the event.
- Selection of all athletes is subject to agreement of the athlete’s racing programme between the date of selection and the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k Home International Team Race by the England Athletics Selection Committee.
- Appeals – there shall be no right of appeal to the selection of the England Team made by the Selection Panel. The provisions of the UK Athletics Selection and Nomination “Fast” Appeals Procedure” do not apply to the England team selections for the Anglo Celtic Plate 100k.
Athletes who wish to be considered for selection should communicate all performances of races from the marathon and beyond to Walter Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 January 2019. If you have not received an acknowledgement within 3 working days please contact Charlotte Fisher email@example.com
Qualification Standards Guide times for consideration for selection are:
- Marathon men 2:30 women 3:02
- 50 km men 3:17 women 3:42
- 40 miles men 4:25 women 5:15
- 100 km men 7:40 women 8:45
These performances need to be achieved between 1 January 2018 and 22 January 2019.
Athletes seeking selection will be required to:
- hold at least one minimum standard as shown above at Marathon, 50km, 40 miles or 100km.
- be a registered athlete and eligible to compete for England and hold a valid full passport.
In exceptional circumstances only, the selection panel may select athletes without any standards if they feel the athlete has demonstrated potential outside of point 1 to run well at the 100km.
Click here to download the full policy (PDF 280kB)