England Age Group Marathon
England Athletics are delighted to announce that we will once again be offering England Athletics registered runners the chance to qualify to represent their country at Masters age group level. In partnership with some of the country’s best marathon races we will once again be offering participants the chance to represent England at Masters age group level in 2018 - at the Chester Marathon which takes place on Sunday 7th October 2018.
Each of the partner marathons will act as a qualifying race, with the top five EA-registered runners in each masters age category at each race who have opted in to the qualifying system, guaranteeing themselves a place in the England team.
Where can I qualify?
The qualifying opportunities are as follows:
- Chester Marathon - 8th October 2017 - www.activeleisureevents.co.uk/marathon
- Bournemouth Marathon - 8th October 2017 - www.bournemouthmarathon.com
- Greater Manchester Marathon - 8th April 2018 - www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/
- Brighton Marathon - 15th April 2018 - www.brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk
How do I qualify?
To register an intention to qualify for the England Age Group team, runners must submit their name, club, age group, England Athletics registration number and event entered at www.englandathletics.org/masters-marathon-2018.
You must complete this form before the day of the race that you will be competing in.
Only England Athletics registered athletes who have registered their intention to qualify are eligible.
This is in addition to entering the event as usual.
- Selections will also be subject to current competitive fitness.
- It is the responsibility of individual runners to enter their chosen qualifying marathon.
- The usual entry fees apply.
- If you are successful in qualifying for the England Representative event, runners will bear the costs of travel to the marathon and the entry fee for the race.
- Team kit will be available for purchase.
You can also ensure that you are receiving our regular ebulletins by logging in at www.englandathletics.org/myprofile to ensure that your email address is correct and that you are opted in to receive mailings. (Note that you can use the forgotten log in/ password functionality if needed).
Contact for queries
If you have a query please email firstname.lastname@example.org