As government guidelines evolve and we move into the next phase of the relaxation of lockdown rules, we would like to say thank you to everyone within the England Athletics family for their contribution to and participation in our Athletics and Running @home programme.
Athletics and Running @home for clubs, coaches, officials, athletes and runners at a glance:
- 77,200 views of our Jenny Meadows Weekly Challenge
- 29,000 entrants to our Open Track virtual races with 164 competitions being held
- 14,118 downloads of our guidance for athlete and runners return to activity
- 10,500 video views of our resources in our Athletics Hub
- 10,250 registered with 6,771 attendees to online coaching webinars
- 7,973 views of our guidance for coaches and leaders return to activity
- 5,887 views of our guidance for athletics venues return to activity
- 3,779 downloads of Athletics 365 XL app for coaches and run leaders
- 896 downloads of our funetics Home School Pack
- 654 clubs have attended our online club support webinars
- 518 attendees to club night Tuesdays
- 480 entries to funetics Home School Pack medal competition
- 430 click throughs to Strava partner offer from The Record (take out for RT)
- 344 attendees for online officials’ webinars held
- 179 virtual club forums held
- 162 entries so far for our Regional Volunteer Awards
- 80 registrations so far for our online Leading Athletics course
- 50 clubs and RunTogether groups registered with 15 set up as tribes so far on Racefully
- 47 virtual race licences so far including British Milers’ Club and British Masters events
- DWFF Partner Offer shared to all registered athletes
Clubs including coaches and officials
Thank you to the c1,300 clubs and organisations which have to date renewed their affiliation status for the year 2020-2021.
With group sessions of up to 6 people now permitted, we would like to remind clubs that a Covid-19 coordinator must be identified in each club to take responsibility for their club plan and undertake the relevant risk assessments. Click here for Risk assessment documents. These risk assessments and club plans must be in place before any activity can take place in order for insurance to be valid. In order for a club’s insurance to be valid, the club needs to be affiliated to England Athletics.
Small group coaching outdoors of up to 6 people including the coach can now take place providing you maintain social distancing i.e. 2m apart if from a different household. Each coach must complete a risk assessment before sessions take place. Click here for Risk assessment documents. Coaches must have an up to date valid coach licence and be coaching within their qualification boundaries – this will ensure that all coached sessions are covered by insurance.
Athletes and runners
Thank you to the c60,000 athletes and runners to date who have supported their clubs by registering their membership to England Athletics.
We are delighted that small group training and coaching sessions are back on the agenda (with social distancing in place of course) to supplement the range of virtual challenges and competitions we have created for our members.
New competitions and challenges are in the pipeline and we will be sharing these along with the pilot of a new virtual coaching offer in the coming weeks.
Thank you once again for your support and we are looking forward to taking the next step in the return to full activity.