England Athletics are working on a range of free athletics-based challenges for children and parents to take part in at home. These activities cover a range of areas such as Speed, Endurance, Jumping, Throwing and Physical Preparation.
Weekly Challenge with Jenny Meadows
If you need something to brighten up your week, then our new Jenny Meadows Weekly Challenge is just for you! Our friend, World and European medallist at 800m and coach Jenny Meadows, has been setting a special fun challenge each week, that you can do within your home.
- Click here to view week 1 ‘Bear crawl’
- Click here to view week 2 ‘Toilet roll tower’
- Click here to view week 3 ‘Agility run’
- Click here to view week 4 ‘Throwing for accuracy’
- Click here to view week 5 ‘ABCs – Agility, Balance and Co-ordination’
- Click here to view week 6 ‘Speed bounce grid’
- Click here to view week 7 ‘Flexibility challenge’
- Click here to view week 8 ‘Combination jumps challenge’
- Click here to view week 9 ‘Explosive throw challenge’
- Click here to view week 10 ‘Balance challenge’
Let us at England Athletics know how you got on by sending in your own video of your attempt with hashtag #BetterTogether!
- England Athletics Twitter: @EnglandAthletic
- England Athletics Facebook and Instagram: @EnglandAthletics
- RunTogether Twitter and Instagram: @RunTogether_
- RunTogether Facebook: @RunTogetherSocial
- funetics Facebook and Instagram: @funeticssocial
- funetics Twitter: @_funetics
England Athletics (including RunTogether and funetics) strongly recommends that you consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise programme. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in any exercise. England Athletics is not a licensed medical care provider and we have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise programme, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or all elements of a programme you agree that you do so at your own risk and you are voluntarily participating in these activities, as well as assuming all risk of injury to yourself. In doing so, you agree to release and discharge England Athletics from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of the use of this guidance.