Today (Monday 5 June) marks the start of UK Coaching Week, a chance to raise awareness of the outstanding contribution made by coaches across the country. To celebrate this important occasion, we are delighted to be offering, for the first time ever, a 15% discount off all coaching courses.
How do I claim the discount?
To claim the course discount, follow these five steps:
- Login to Athletics Hub using your email and password.
- Select the course you would like to attend by clicking ‘book now’.
- Click ‘proceed to checkout’.
- Add the voucher code UKCWD23 at checkout and click ‘apply code’.
- Enter your payment details and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Press ‘continue’.
The discount code will be applicable to any coaching course. To ensure you receive your discount, you must book during UK Coaching Week (00:00 on 5 June to 23:59 on the 11 June). If you book onto your course outside of UK Coaching Week, the voucher code will not be valid and you will not be able to claim your discount.
What is the best course for me?
Whether you are new to coaching or leading, want to start coaching your own group or want to try a new discipline, we have courses available to meet your needs. If you are just starting your journey on the coaching pathway, we recommend the following courses:
- Leading Athletics — While not a formal qualification, the Leading Athletics workshop is aimed at individuals who are interested in an introduction to the skills needed in leading athletics activities for young athletes.
- Coaching Assistant — The Coaching Assistant qualification is designed to introduce you to providing safe and enjoyable athletic experiences for young people aged 8+.
- Leadership in Running Fitness — The course is designed to prepare you to provide a safe and enjoyable running experience for young people aged 12+ and adults of any ability.
For those of you who are already a qualified coach or leader, the following courses are available:
- Athletics Coach — The Athletics Coach qualification has been designed to support coaches in working with athletes in the foundation to Event Group Development Stages and advocates a multi-event approach in the development of athletes.
- Coach in Running Fitness — This Award is the cornerstone of the off-track pathway and is designed for those who want to get involved in coaching runners, over the age of 12, who take part in non-track based activities.
- Event Group — The Event Group programme has been designed to provide licensed athletics coaches with a greater understanding and awareness of the issues involved in coaching athletes at the Event Group Development stage of the athlete development model (typically 14-18 years). This course is available for the following Event Groups: Sprints and Hurdles, Endurance, Jumps and Throws.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in coaching, either as a newly qualified coach or as a coach who is looking to progress along the pathway. Make sure you book between the 5-11 June to claim your 15% discount.