We’re delighted to announce the details, and online booking, for our Speed & Power Virtual Conference 2020!
You can book now for our new Speed and Power Virtual Conference taking place on 14-15 November 2020! Speed and Power are vital for sprinting and impact most athletic events. From the comfort of your own home, our online conference will put you in front of expert speakers who will present on technique, training, planning, physical prep, plyometrics and the mindset to pull it all together!
Our speaker presentations, split over two days (Sat 14 / Sun 15 Nov), will focus on a range of topics and will offer a fantastic development opportunity to improve technical, tactical and psychological understanding of how to coach speed and generate power from athletes. Our conference aims to benefit individuals including coaches, leaders and athletes in athletics, running and other sports .
You’ll get to hear from our amazing line-up of speakers featuring elite-level coaches and athletes, strength and conditioning experts and leaders in sports psychology, including: Christine Ohuruogu MBE, Lloyd Cowan MBE, Nick Winkelman, Aston Moore, Frank Attoh, Dr. Mike Young, Gareth Walton, Ed Archer, Chris Shambrook, Stan Madiri, Christine Harrison-Bloomfield and Julie Pratt-Benterman.
Plus, all conference attendees will be offered FREE access to the EXOS Absolute Speed module (normally priced at £147)!
Click here to book your place on this year’s conference(with a discounted rate available to individuals registered to a UK Home Country Athletics Federation affiliated club) and to find out more information including session details and speaker biographies.
Shani Palmer, Event Group Lead for Speed at England Athletics, said: “We are thrilled to bring together such a fantastic line up of experts for our Speed & Power Virtual Conference. There are many elements that need to come together to bring out an athlete’s full potential, whether it’s the technical execution, physical capacity or the mental ability to pull it all together. If you want to gain expert insight into how to attain true speed and power, this conference is not to be missed.”
Saturday 14 November
- Preparation for Championship Performance: the importance of the coach-athlete partnership – Christine Ohuruogu MBE & Lloyd Cowan MBE
- Science and Practice of Elite Speed Development – Dr. Mike Young
- The Psychology of Championship Performance – Chris Shambrook
- Speed Training for Acceleration – Gareth Walton
- Foundation S&C for Explosive Strength – Ed Archer
Sunday 15 November
- Inspiring Performance – Nick Winkelman
- The Implementation of Plyometrics for Speed & Power – Aston Moore & Frank Attoh
- Session Planning for Sprints – Stan Madiri
- Mastering Sprint Technique – Christine Harrison-Bloomfield
- Mastering Hurdle Technique – Julie Pratt-Benterman