We’ve started to see great numbers on our officiating courses. This week the North of England has been no exception, with over 40 people attending Level 1 Field courses at the EIS in Sheffield and SportCity in Manchester.
This 4 hour, practical course introduces candidates to the key roles, responsibilities and duties of a field official, including how to follow a duty sheet, complete a results card, application of the rules in field events and how to provide a safe environment for athletes to compete. The tutors are all very experienced officials themselves and so can provide lots of interesting first hand information and experience. Feedback from the courses have been fantastic and have engaged people of varying ages and experience levels.
- “Just wanted to say a thank you from my son and myself. He has some learning difficulties but had a great time and was extremely excited when telling us about the course. These opportunities mean a lot to us all.”
- “The course was very good and the tutor was great with a lot of experience.”
- “It was a fun course; the tutor was clear and very helpful. He made the course interesting and interactive.”
- “I really enjoyed the course and teaching methods, it was very engaging.”
- “An excellent day which gave me a good overall grounding.”
- “It was a well presented and delivered course and the tutor was brilliant, he made everyone feel at ease, was easy to talk to, and made us feel very welcome.”
- “A brilliant tutor, clear information, lots of great tips.”
- “I look forward to officiating after such a good course!”
It’s not too late to be involved in our campaign, click here to start your officiating journey and find a course in your area!