The nominations are in, they've all been assessed by our Region Council Awards panels and the decisions have been made! We're ready to announce our England Athletics Regional Volunteer Award winners at each of the nine events around the country.
As a sport we are indebted to the volunteers that make athletics and running happen. The Regional Volunteer Awards provide an opportunity to celebrate the fantastic contribution that athletics and running volunteers make to our sport.
Regional winners in eight categories are then put forward for consideration in our National Volunteer Awards and these will be announced in December. The categories are: Contribution to Running, Club Leader of the Year, Club of the Year, Coach of the Year, Community Project of the Year, Inspiring Official of the Year, Newcomer to Volunteering and Services to Athletics and Running.
After each evening we'll announce the region's winners on this website and include some information about their volunteering work.
Space is limited at all our venues and attendance is by invitation only. However, this year you can watch the events as they unfold via our live streaming taking place at each evening. Start times are generally 7pm. The links will also remain as a watch again function.
- North East - Friday 27 October, 7pm: North East live streaming / watch again
- North West - Friday 3 November, 7pm: North West live streaming / watch again
- London - Wednesday 8 November, 7.30pm: London live streaming / watch again
- Yorkshire & Humberside - Friday 10 November, 7.45pm: Yorkshire live streaming / watch again
- South West - Saturday 11 November, 7.30pm: South West live streaming / watch again
- West Midlands - Monday 13 November, 7.30pm: West Midlands live streaming / watch again
- South East - Wednesday 15 November, 7.15pm: South East live streamingg / watch again
- East Midlands - Friday 17 November, 8pm: East Midlands streaming / watch again
- East - Saturday 18 November, 6.30pm: East streaming / watch again
Room to Reward
England Athletics has teamed up with Room to Reward and be rewarding one winner from each of the nine regional volunteer awards with a FREE hotel break!!
Room to Reward are a unique charity working in partnership with hotel partners, who donate unsold rooms - during times when they know occupancy isn’t going to be particularly high - to charities, community groups, sports clubs and organisations that rely on volunteers.
This year we have also worked hard to provide sustainably-sourced trophies, certificates and frames, and the buffets at each venue have used local suppliers.