Communication sent to Club Secretaries and key affiliated club/organisation contacts on Wednesday 16th September 2020:
Notice of Annual General Meeting
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of England Athletics Limited (Company) will be held on Saturday 10th October at 11.00am at The Royal Society of Medicine in London.
As previously communicated to Members, due to Covid-19 restrictions, the AGM will be a closed meeting, but with appropriate measures in place to permit Members to vote by proxy. The AGM will take place for the following purposes:
1. To approve the minutes of the previous AGM held on 12th October 2019.
2. To receive the Company’s accounts for the financial year ended 31st March 2020 together with the reports of the Directors and of the Auditor thereon.
3. To appoint the Company’s Auditors, haysmacintyre, for the financial year ending 31st March 2021 and delegate agreement of their remuneration to the Board.
4. To confirm the extension of the appointment of Myra Nimmo as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM.
5. To confirm the extension of the appointment of Leshia Hawkins as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM.
6. To appoint the new Member-elected Director (with confirmation of Member voting results for the three candidates).
To transact any other ordinary business of the Company.
By order of the Board
Muckle Secretary Limited
Walsall Road, Perry Barr
Circulation Date: Wednesday 16th September 2020
1. To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 12th October 2019.
2. Matters arising from the minutes.
3. To receive the Directors’ Report of the Activities of the Company during the year ended 31st March 2020. This will include a report from a Member-elected Director.
4. To receive a presentation of the Company’s Financial Statements for the financial year ended 31st March 2020.
5. To appoint the Company’s Auditors for the financial year ending 31st March 2021 and delegate agreement of their remuneration to the Board.
6. To confirm the extension of the appointment of Myra Nimmo and Leshia Hawkins as Directors of the Company through to the 2021 AGM.
7. To confirm the appointment of the new Member-elected Director (with confirmation of member proxy voting results for the three candidates). Click here to access the written Election Address from each candidate.
1. As previously communicated on our website and in direct email communication to Club Secretaries (on 4th September 2020) and in our newsletter to Members (on 9th September 2020), the process for this 2020 AGM differs from previous years. In acknowledgement that our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff, and to reduce unnecessary travel, this year’s AGM will be a closed meeting. Attendance at the AGM will therefore be restricted to a minimum number of persons required to be physically present to comply with company law and England Athletics’ articles, subject to applicable indoor social distancing measures and Government guidelines. We have therefore put additional measures in place to ensure that our Members can continue to remain engaged with, and play an active role in, this year’s AGM. This includes proxy voting and you can click here to access the proxy voting form on our website.
2. Copies of the Company’s audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st March 2020 are available on the Company’s website - click here to access.
3. As a Member of the Company, you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise all or any of your rights to attend, speak and vote at the Meeting - click here to access the proxy voting form and voting entitlements. You can only appoint a proxy using the procedures set out in these notes and the notes to the proxy form.
4. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Senior Independent Director of the Company (or, in his absence, such other Director as the Board may determine) may be appointed to act as your proxy for the meeting. All proxies must be sent by email to EnglandAthleticsAGM@muckle-llp.com or by post to Muckle LLP, F.A.O. John Devine, Time Central, 32 Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4BF and, in each case, must be received by 11am on Thursday 8th October 2020.
5. The notes to the proxy form explain how to direct your proxy to vote on each resolution or you can withhold your vote by abstaining.
6. Each of the candidates for the Member-elected Director position has submitted an Election Address. Members are encouraged to read each candidate’s Election Address before voting – click here to access the three Election Address documents from the candidates.
Click here to visit the AGM page on our website which has links to download all documentation associated with our 2020 AGM plus key documents from previous AGMs.