England Athletics 2020 AGM
The Annual General Meeting of England Athletics Limited (Company) was held on Saturday 10th October at 11.00am at The Royal Society of Medicine in London.
As previously communicated to Members, due to Covid-19 restrictions, the AGM was a closed meeting, but with appropriate measures having been put in place to permit Members to vote by proxy.
The AGM took place for the following purposes:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM held on 12th October 2019.
- To receive the Company’s accounts for the financial year ended 31st March 2020 together with the reports of the Directors and of the Auditor thereon.
- To appoint the Company’s Auditors, haysmacintyre, for the financial year ending 31st March 2021 and delegate agreement of their remuneration to the Board.
- To confirm the extension of the appointment of Myra Nimmo as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM.
- To confirm the extension of the appointment of Leshia Hawkins as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM.
- To appoint the new Member-elected Director (with confirmation of Member voting results for the three candidates).
To transact any other ordinary business of the Company.
By order of the Board
Muckle Secretary Limited
Walsall Road, Perry Barr
Circulation Date: Wednesday 16th September 2020
Board Statement (6 October)
Click here to read a statement from the England Athletics Board – issued on Tuesday 6 October 2020. The Board was aware that several communications had been circulated to members by individuals and sought to provide clarity on inaccurate information contained within these communications.
AGM 2020 documents
- England Athletics AGM 2020 Notice of Meeting (PDF 84kB)
- England Athletics AGM 2020 Agenda (including Notes) (PDF 67kB)
- England Athletics Draft Minutes AGM October 2019 (PDF 278kB)
- England Athletics Annual Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2020 (PDF 351kB)
- England Athletics proxy voting form and voting entitlement (PDF 192kB) – please note that the deadline for receipt of proxy voting forms has now passed
- England Athletics proxy voting form and voting entitlement (DOC 45kB) – please note that the deadline for receipt of proxy voting forms has now passed
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director election – candidate address from Lorna Boothe (PDF 62kB)
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director election – candidate address from Abdul Buhari (PDF 98kB)
- England Athletics Member-Elected Director Election – candidate address from Jon Clarke (PDF 103kB)
AGM 2020 Process
On 4 September, England Athletics confirmed the process for its 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM). Member clubs should note that the process for this 2020 AGM differed from previous years due to the impact of Covid-19.
In acknowledgement that our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff, and to reduce unnecessary travel, this year’s AGM was a closed meeting (on 10 October 2020). Attendance at the AGM was therefore restricted to a minimum number of persons required to be physically present to comply with company law and England Athletics’ articles, subject to applicable indoor social distancing measures and Government guidelines. Whilst a postponement was considered, we would still have been required to hold the AGM before the end of December this year and we anticipate that prohibitive social distancing measures are still likely to be in place at that time.
However, because of this, we put additional measures in place to ensure that you, our member clubs, could continue to remain engaged with, and play an active role in, this year’s AGM. This included:
- All resolutions to be dealt with by proxy – with all member clubs being circulated proxy voting forms and associated documentation well in advance of the AGM (circulated Wednesday 16 September 2020 – with deadline for receipt of proxy voting forms 11:00 Thursday 8 October 2020).
- Pre-AGM webinar (held on 15 September 2020) to enable members to receive a direct update from England Athletics Board Directors. This included the presentation that would have been delivered at an open AGM meeting, had that been possible, as well as an opportunity for members to submit questions to the Board. A recording of this webinar will be made available on this page shortly.
– Click here to view the Pre-AGM webinar presentation slides.
– Click here to watch a recording of the webinar.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Previous AGM Meetings
You can use the links on the right hand page menu to view documents from previous AGM meetings.