Six new champions were crowned this weekend at the English Schools' AA Cross Country Championships.
The event this year was held at Wollaton Park in Nottinghamshire with different combinations of loops for each age group; Junior, Inter and Senior Girls ran loops of 3.5k, 3.9k and 4.5k and the boys 4.2k, 5.7k and 7k.
The first 6 finishers in each team count towards the team competition; this gave Surrey Schools double gold (Junior Girls and Inter Boys), with West Yorkshire winning the Senior Girls and Berkshire the Inter Girls. The Senior Boys' team title went to Mersey, and Greater Manchester Schools were the Junior Boys top team.
Innes FitzGerald (Exeter AC), Zoe Gilbody (Wreake & Soar Valley, John Skevington), Molly Carvell (Liverpool Harriers, John Cross) won the Junior, Inter and Senior Girls' titles respectively, while George Couttie (Harrogate, Joanne Day), Sam Plummer (Colchester & Tendring) and Joe Scanes (Blackheath & Bromley) were top boys. Note, we are recognising each athlete's affiliated club and licensed coach above, but their representative School County is in the below results.
- Innes FitzGerald (Devon) 15:21
- Rebecca Flaherty (West Yorkshire) 16:13
- Lauren Russell (Middlesex) 16:22
- Zoe Gilbody (Shropshire) 11:50
- Saikira King (Leicestershire & Rutland) 11:55
- Isla McGowan (Oxfordshire) 12:10
- Molly Carvell (Merseyside) 12:16
- Ellarose Whitworth (Lincolnshire) 12:17
- Olivia Forrest (Essex) 12:17
- George Couttie (North Yorkshire) 19:12
- Luke Birdseye (Berkshire) 19:17
- Ed Bird (Dorset) 19:18
- Sam Plummer (Essex) 16:41
- Alex Lennon (Surrey) 16:59
- Jacob Pearce (Surrey) 17:00
- Joe Scanes (Kent) 14:04
- Neil Homer (West Midlands) 14:09
- Pio Aron (G Manchester) 14:13
- Access the full results
- Read the full report in Athletics Weekly
- Watch the live stream again on our YouTube channel
Photo of Junior Girls by Gary Mitchell