The England Athletics Champions of the Road series is new for 2019. In addition to individual titles at each of our England Athletics road running championship races, it offers individuals and club teams competing in three or more England Athletics championship events the opportunity to become the outright England Athletics Champion of the Road. Each of the six races will be a stand-alone England Championship race with individual and team titles up for grabs at 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 10 miles, half marathon and marathon.
The BM10k on Sunday 14 April in Brighton will kick start the England Athletics Champions of the Road Series for 2019. The race has attracted some strong elite fields in recent years - and with this year’s event having England Athletics 10k championship titles up for grabs, we look forward to some quality racing in Brighton in the Spring. Entries for this popular event will soon be closing:
- Club runners have until 15 February to get their entries in. Click here to enter.
- Elite runners looking to apply for either an A or B standard elite entry have until 1 March to apply. (A standard is sub 30:30 or 68min half for men and sub 35:00 or 80min half for women. B standard is sub 32min or 72min half for men and sub 37:30 or 85min half for women) Click here to find out more.
- Brighton Marathon Weekend also has a special allocation of places specifically for England Athletics affiliated clubs the marathon event which you can read more about by clicking here. Elite entries are also available for the marathon - click here to find out more (A standard is sub 2:30 or 70min half for men and sub 3hrs or 82min half for women. B standard is sub 2hr 45min or 75min half for men and sub 3hr 15min or 90min half for women)
The top three male and top three female teams at each championship event will be decided by totalling up the times of the fastest three eligible club runners to give an overall team time. Clubs looking to contest the team titles in Brighton should urge their runners to get their entries in. In addition, the results from each of these races will also count towards the overall Champions of the Road series. Special awards and prizes will be made in these categories for both individual and club team series winners.
- Race 1 (10k) – Sunday 14 April – BM10k, Brighton – brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk/events/bm10k
- Race 2 (marathon) – Sunday 28 April – Virgin Money London Marathon – virginmoneylondonmarathon.com
- Race 3 (5k) – Saturday 11 May – Ipswich Twilight 5k – ipswichtwilightraces.com/5k-race
- Race 4 (5M) – Sunday 11 August – City of Preston 5 miles – cityofprestonroadraces.co.uk
- Race 5 (half marathon) – Sunday 13 October – Simplyhealth Great Birmingham Run – greatrun.org/great-birmingham-run
- Race 6 (10M) – Sunday 20 October – Simplyhealth Great South Run, Portsmouth – greatrun.org/great-south-run
Further details on the series will be released soon.
And another opportunity for our endurance athletes...
You can also find out more about further opportunities for endurance athletes including our 10,000m track championships on Friday 7 June 2019 at Walthamstowe within the FASTFriday 10,000m event and more by clicking here.