Within the England Athletics framework for club and coach development and we are seeking to develop best practice in inclusive athletics through the integration of inclusive practice into our core programmes aimed at clubs and coaches.
Through our team of local Club Support Managers we are working to ensure that clubs and coaches are receiving the relevant information, skills and knowledge to enable them to plan, provide and access fully integrated and appropriate opportunities for disabled people in athletics.
Inclusive Club Health Check
The Inclusive Club Health Check has been designed to support clubs to be more inclusive. A simple checklist filled out with your Club Support Manager will help clubs to identify areas for improvement and the support available to them to do so. Click here to download the inclusive Club Health Check (DOC) or here for the PDF.
- For support and advice to make your club more inclusive please contact your local Club Support Manager.
- For support and information to make your club deaf friendly sign up to the Me2 pledge, click here.
- For advice on using appropriate disability terminology click here.
- Click here to download a template of an inclusion policy for your club.
- For more information on accessible facilities, click here to download the EFDS Access for All; Opening Doors facilities guidance (PDF format document).
- Click here for Sport England’s Accessible Design Guidance, Audit Checklist and CAD drawings.
- Click here to download Inclusive Athletics Guidance for clubs and RunTogether / AthleFIT groups document.
Inclusive Communications Guide
The Inclusive Communications Guide aims to address the main communication barriers that many people experience in sport and physical activity, which also stop disabled people from accessing some opportunities. As well as providing essential better practice guidance on planning, terminology and language, it explains the purpose of accessible formats and shows how providers can get the best from their communications. Click here to download (10MB file)
Accessible Information Guidance
Guidance is available to clubs and RunTogether/ AthleFIT groups to help them to provide information in accessible formats. The resource explains the different types of information formats that disabled people with a hearing, visual or intellectual impairment may require along with how or where to produce them.
The guidance aims to both support clubs/ groups to better promote their activities to disabled people and also enable them to provide more accessible information to their members. The guidance further supports a number of existing resources to help clubs and groups to be more inclusive and better attract and support disabled participants.
- Click here to download a copy of the Accessible Information guidance
- Click here to download a copy of the Deaf Friendly Athletics resource
- Click here to download a copy of the Providing Communication Support guidance