We’re delighted to announce that we’ll be hosting a special Throws Masterclass webinar with Ashley Kovacs, coach to World Champion shot putter Joe Kovacs, on Sunday 3 January 2021.
Ashley (pictured, above left, with England & GB athlete Divine Oladipo) will be presenting from Stateside, with attendees able to join via Zoom to hear from one of the world’s top Throws coaches.
The session will run from 14:00-18:00 UK time – and will include a pre-recorded practical coaching session of Ashley with her group at Ohio State followed by a live Q&A. Ashley will then give a live presentation of her coaching journey and will answer pre-submitted questions as well as a further open Q&A. Presentations and other relevant resources will also be made available to participants after the event.
If you’d like to join us for this unique online event then you can click here to book now on Athletics Hub – with an early bird discount available to anyone booking by 30 November plus discounts for registered members! See below for booking link, pricing, webinar timetable and to find out more about Ashley’s coaching credentials.
- Early bird rate = £17.50 registered members and £27.50 non-registered members (ends midnight on 30 November)
- Normal rate (from 1 December) = £20 affiliated members and £30 non-affiliated members (booking deadline 1 January)
- Click here to book online
- 14:00-15:30 – Pre-recording of a practical coaching session of Ashley coaching her group in Ohio followed by an open question and answer session.
- 15:30-16:00 – Break.
- 16:00-18:00 – Presentation of Ashley’s coaching journey and responses to pre-submitted questions followed by an open question and answer session.
- Submit your questions to the England Athletics Event Group Lead for throws Nick Ridgeon at email@example.com
- 18:00 – Close.
- Presentations and other relevant resources will be available to the attendees after the masterclass
Ashley Kovacs – coaching biography in numbers:
- 1 World Champion
- 1 Continent Champion
- 2 World Championship Qualifiers
- 1 NCAA Champion
- 53 National Points
- 12 First Team All-Americans
- 23 NCAA Appearances
- 20 B1G Conference Top 3 Finishes
- 12 B1G Conference Champions
- 2 B1G Conference Records
- 1 Athlete on the Bowerman Watchlist
- 4 School Records
- 2 B1G Conference Athlete Of The Year
- 2 B1G Conference Athlete Of The Championship
- 2 USTFCCCA Regional Athlete Of The Year Honours
- 2 USTFCCCA Regional Coach Of The Year Honours
- 2 Masters Degrees
- 10 Years of full-time Division I Experience