Athletics Hub is home to our Coaching Resource library – a key part of England Athletics’ digital strategy that supports the development of coaches, leaders and athletes in England by providing a diverse range of video-based coaching materials.
The Coaching Resource library includes a range of content covering each of the core event groups – Speed, Endurance, Jumps and Throws. Videos available in the library include presentations from World Class coaches and sports psychologists as well as resources focused on disability athletics, combined events, movement skills and youth coaching. Along with new material, the library also includes top quality and re-edited archive coaching videos as well as many recordings of our ongoing Coaching webinars series.
The latest videos to be added (at 30 June 2021) include:
- High Jump – Developing the Flight and Landing with Dennis Doyle (Parts 1-4)
- High Jump – Developing the Take Off with Dennis Doyle (Parts 1-4)
- Hammer Mechanics with Derek Evely (Parts 1-4)
- Physical Prep for Shot Putters with Stuart Carlaw (Parts 1-7)
- Training Components for 800m & 1500m with Peter Mullervy (Parts 1-4)
- Major Championships – a coaches perspective with Trevor Painter (Parts 1-3)
- What Makes a Good 800m / 1500m Runner? with Peter Mullervy (Parts 1-4)
- Steeplechase – Foot & Ankle Practical Session with Dr Chris Bramah (Parts 1-3)
- Introduction to Coaching Pacing Skills – SE Regional Q&A (Parts 1-3)
- Ultra – Q&A Sports Psychology with Prof. Andy Lane (Parts 1-3)
- Designing Interval Training Sessions for the Middle Distance Specialist (Parts 1-4)
- Getting Ready for a Championships (Parts 1-5)
- Coaching Teenagers with Mike Leonard (Parts 1-5)
Other New Content
- Women in Coaching webinar – Confidence Group Coaching with Jules Wyman (Parts 1-4)
As well as hosting the Coaching Resources library, Athletics Hub also offers access to coaching, leading and officiating opportunities including online booking for all qualifications and development courses/workshops.