Athletics Hub is home to our Coaching Resource library – a key part of England Athletics’ digital strategy that supports the development of coaches, leaders and athletes in England by providing a diverse range of video-based coaching materials.
The Coaching Resource library includes a range of content covering each of the core event groups – Speed, Endurance, Jumps and Throws. Videos available in the library include presentations from World Class coaches and sports psychologists as well as resources focused on disability athletics, combined events, movement skills and youth coaching. Along with new material, the library also includes top quality and re-edited archive coaching videos as well as many recordings of our ongoing Coaching webinars series.
The latest videos to be added (at 23 July 2020) include:
- Coaching the Long Jump – an overview
- High Jump with Erik Little (Part 1)
- Bobby Kersee (coach to Jackie Joyner) on Combined Events (Part 1)
- Greg Hull – Major Competition Prep – Pole Vault
- Discus Masterclass – technique with Abdul Buhari
- Hammer essentials – understanding the turns
- Esa Utriainen – Approach to throwing the javelin (Part 1 & 2)
- Race Walk – Linking Physiology and Biomechanics (Fatigue & Technique)
- Introduction to Wheelchair Racing with Paul Moseley (Part 4 & 5)
- European Hurdles Conference 2019 – Q&A with Kevin Young
As well as hosting the Coaching Resources library, Athletics Hub also offers access to coaching, leading and officiating opportunities including online booking for all qualifications and development courses/workshops. With Covid-19 currently restricting the delivery of physical courses and workshops, we have recently relaunched our Leading Athletics and LiRF-CiRF courses as webinar-based sessions (priced at only £20 per person).