The LiRF-CiRF online workshop is aimed at individuals who are Leadership in Running Fitness qualified and who are looking to progress to the Coach in Running Fitness course.
UPDATE: We have added new course dates – Sun 2 Aug (15:00-17:00) / Tue 11 Aug (18:00-20:00) / Tue 25 Aug (18:00-20:00).
Click here to book online or follow the link at the bottom of this page.
This 2 hour online workshop will provide detailed information on the differences between the role of the Leader and that of the Coach, and outline the steps LiRF Leaders will take as they undertake the Coach in Running Fitness qualification, including:
- How athletes develop
- How learning takes place
- Technical elements of endurance running
- Planning a training programme
- Energy Systems
- Coaching knowledge and skills to develop
The workshop is designed to be informative and involving, giving participants an opportunity to learn the detail of the pathway towards becoming a coach before they enrol on the full Coach in Running Fitness qualification.
- Be confident and equipped in readiness for the Coach in Running Fitness (CiRF) qualification
- Understand the athlete development model used in athletics and running
- Be well equipped to begin delivering activities and planning training programmes when a qualified Coach in Running Fitness
“The Tutor’s delivery was very supportive and engaging and I felt that the course left me better prepared for the CiRF course, having previously felt out of my depth when looking at the CiRF course materials” – Online workshop attendee June 2020
Leadership in Running Fitness qualified