The BM10k on Sunday 14 April in Brighton will kick start the England Athletics Champions of the Road Series for 2019. The BM10k has attracted some strong elite fields in recent years and with this year’s event having championship titles up for grabs we look forward to some quality racing in Brighton in the Spring. General and elite have now closed, but it’s not too late to late for club teams wanting to submit entrants still have until midnight 7 March to get their entries in.
The England Athletics Champions of the Roads series is new for 2019. In addition to individual titles at each of our England Athletics road running championship races, it offers individuals and club teams competing in three or more England Athletics championship events the opportunity to become the outright England Athletics Champion of the Roads. The top three male and top three female teams at each championships event, with the times of the fastest three eligible club runners being totalled to give an overall team time to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
In addition, the results from each of these races will count towards the overall Champions of the Road series with special awards and prizes being made to the series winners later in the year, including the chance to win some bespoke kit to recognise our series winners. Individuals and clubs looking to challenge for the Champions of the Road will be required to complete three of the six races in the series. Individuals and clubs will have up to midnight 18th August to register their interest to contest the series titles. Registration for the series will go live on the England Athletics website next month so look out for further information.
BM10k Club Entries including Champions of the Road Series
The event organisers are offering club runners wanting to compete in the Championships a final opportunity to enter up to midnight 7th March.
To enter you should email firstname.lastname@example.org stating BM10k in your email header and giving your name, club and email address. Following 7th March you will then be sent a unique link from the event organisers enabling you to register.
Champions of the Road series
- Race 1: Sunday 14th April – BM10k, Brighton – brightonmarathonweekend.co.uk/events/bm10k
- Race 2: Sunday 28th April – Virgin Money London Marathon – virginmoneylondonmarathon.com
- Race 3: Saturday 11th May – Ipswich Twilight 5k – ipswichtwilightraces.com/5k-race/
Entries for Ipswich have opened.
- Race 4: Sunday 11th August – City of Preston 5 miles – cityofprestonroadraces.co.uk
- Race 5: Sunday 13th October – Simplyhealth Great Birmingham Run – greatrun.org/great-birmingham-run
- Race 6: Sunday 20th October – Simplyhealth Great South Run, Portsmouth – greatrun.org/great-south-run