Reminder: 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon club places
England Athletics affiliated clubs benefit from the allocation of Virgin Money London Marathon (VLM) places.
The number of entries allocated to each affiliated club that applies will be based on the club’s number of first claim registered members over the age of 18.
Affiliated clubs are urged to ensure that their club athlete registrations are fully up-to-date before Monday 28 October (as VLM will only accept the number of first claim registered members on that date).
The allocation of club places for the 2020 event will work as follows:
- 1 entry allocated to clubs with 10-150 first claim registered members
- 2 entries allocated to clubs with 151-250 first claim registered members
- 3 entries allocated to clubs with 251-350 first claim registered members
- 4 entries allocated to clubs with 351+ first claim registered members
- Clubs with less than 10 first claim registered members will be placed in a ballot with 20 clubs drawn at random to receive 1 entry each.
By ensuring your club’s athlete registrations are up to date you will ensure you are able to apply for the maximum possible number of club places.
Online club entries for the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon will open on Monday 28 October. Club personnel managing their club places must then submit their application for places by the deadline of 17:00 Monday 25 November.
Registered club athletes may also be eligible for a Championship entry if they meet the criteria.
For more information, visit the Virgin Money London Marathon website.