England Athletics wish all the best to the selected team that will be competing for England in Rennes, France on 13 October. They will be taking on teams from Brittany, Galicia, Wales, Scotland & Ireland on a multi-lap course. The team includes a mix of experience and first-time internationals – which includes the leading U23s from the England Championships 10k Championships that took place in Brighton earlier in the year, as well top senior performers and medallists from both the BM10k and the England 10,000 metre Track Championships.
Jack Gray has been setting personal bests at every distance for 5k up to Half Marathon this year and has gone sub 29 minutes for 10k on both the roads and the track heads up the men’s team. Oliver Lockley came second to him at the England 10,000m championships with Owen Hind following closely. Alex Brampton has taken a top 2 place at two 10k and two Half marathon events already this year. Hannah Irwin ran a 10k PB in Brighton earlier this year. Hannah Viner was 9th in the BM10k (the England championships).
- Jack Gray (Cambridge & Coleridge AC, Mark Vile) came
- Alex Bampton (Highgate Harriers, Simon Burley)
- Owen Hind (Kent AC, Ken Pike)
- Oliver Lockley (Leeds City AC )
- Hannah Irwin (Guildford & Godalming)
- Hannah Viner (Highgate Harriers)
- Danielle Hodgkinson (Wallsend, Paddy Dinsmore)
- Richard Owen (Tonbridge AC)
- Bill Boyd (Corby AC)