Track and field events licensing
All levels of competition held under UKA Rules require a minimum Level 1 licence (without a competition licence Power of 10 will not accept results).
To view full details of the licensing process and Licensing Criteria for each level of licence please see the licensing section of the UKA website www.uka.org.uk/competitions/track-field-licensing/
Road race licensing
Road race licensing is carried out through runbritain.
On successful application your event is automatically added to the event diary and the facility to open your race to online entry on the main site will become available. Benefits of receiving a UKA Road Running or Multi-Terrain Race Licence:
- Inclusion in runbritain online calendar – currently listing 2,500 races each year
- Access to use runbritain’s popular at-cost online entry system
- Editorial support for your race on the runbritain website
- Access to the password-protected race directors club section of the website with advice on best practice, updates and new developments in race organisation
- Access to runbritain Race Director Courses at accredited and intermediate level
- Inclusion of results in runbritain handicap scoring updates and Power of 10 website
Cross country licensing
From July 2019, UKA has made available a new Cross Country Licensing Standard 2019-2020 document and Cross Country Licensing Application Form. These documents also contain contact details for the Licensing Officers for cross country events in England.
England Athletics event management system
Working in partnership with Full On Sport, England Athletics have developed an event management system for use by event providers across athletics and running. There is not a direct charge to event organisers for using the system, instead a transaction fee is taken on each entry – full details on these can be supplied.
Why have we developed an event management system?
- To improve the ease with which athletes wanting to register for events. We wanted to make sure that athletes could enter online quickly and easily for track and field championships.
- To deliver an efficient registration process for users; allowing them to create accounts and store their details, making it easier for them to return and enter subsequent events
- To help manage event payments by taking online payments at the point of entry via a secure online payment system
- To reduce the administrative burden of completing all pre-event organisation tasks including assignment of bib numbers, generation of timetables and producing event programmes
- To improve the competition management and administration of track and field competitions
What does the event management system do?
Online registration system with the following features:
- Upcoming events search functionality
- Account creation
- Event entry registration with fully integrated registration checker for athletes, licence checker for coaches and club picker containing list of England Athletics affiliated clubs
- Secure online, payment gateway
- Basket functionality to allow athletes to enter multiple events at once, or coaches / parents to enter multiple athletes at once
Event administration system designed specifically for event organisers to allow them to set up and manage every aspect of their event entries, with the following features:
- Ability to create/edit/delete/copy the following event types:
– Single event – e.g. 5k, 10k, half-marathon, marathon events
– Competition – containing multiple events e.g. a track & field championships
– Combined event – e.g. decathlon, heptathlon
- Set age/gender restrictions on individual events and disciplines
- Set closing dates for event entries
- Set minimum entry standards for individual disciplines/ events
- Register and remove athletes to/ from events through the event administration system
- Set early registration discounts and late entry fees on entries
- Set up coach entry with built in licence checker for accreditation
- Set up spectator fees and issue tickets, includes option to download ticket scanning app for use on the day
- Define your own event entry terms and conditions for acceptance of point of entry
- Upload your own event images
- Email all athletes entered in to the event, subject to data protection rules
- Create additional questions to be included as part of the event entry process
If you are interested in using our online event entry system to organise events for your club, county association or area association please contact Nicky Kellett, Digital Project Manager for England Athletics via email email@example.com