Road Race webinars
Click here to access recordings of our recent webinar mini-series (August 2020), delivered in collaboration with runbritain.
We will also be hosting another Race Race Organiser webinar – see below for details and to sign-up:
- Monday 28 September (11:00) – Webinar: Road Race Organisers – Let’s Chat – Click here to register
Hosted by Charlotte Fisher (Road Running Manager – England Athletics) and Gavin Lightwood (runbritain Manager at UKA)
The session will provide a general update on return to competition and guidance for race organisers, given Covid-19 restrictions, as well as sharing examples of good practice and innovations plus an opportunity to ask questions and put forward ideas.
Organising a virtual race
We have put together a document which provides an overview of the main steps involved in hosting a virtual race. This includes pre-event tasks (first aid, courses and facilities, insurance and risk assessment), rules, results and emergency procedures during the event, and post event debriefing.
- Click here to download the document (PDF 110kB)
- Click here to go to our Running @home section – here to help you during coronavirus lockdown.
Insurance is still necessary for virtual events as it is not possible for an Event Organiser to contract out liability relating to any possible injury that participants may incur while taking part in a virtual event.
Virtual events and races will be covered under UKA Insurance if the organisation is affiliated to the HCAF and the race is licenced.
Track and field events licensing
All levels of competition held under UKA Rules require a minimum Level 1 licence (without a competition licence, Power of 10 will not accept results).
Go to the licensing section of the UKA website to view full details of the licensing process and Licensing Criteria for each level of licence
Road race licensing
Road race licensing is carried out through runbritain.
On successful application your event is automatically added to the event diary and the facility to open your race to online entry on the main site will become available. Benefits of receiving a UKA Road Running or Multi-Terrain Race Licence:
- Inclusion in runbritain online calendar – currently listing 2,500 races each year
- Access to use runbritain’s popular at-cost online entry system
- Editorial support for your race on the runbritain website
- Access to the password-protected race directors club section of the website with advice on best practice, updates and new developments in race organisation
- Access to runbritain Race Director Courses at accredited and intermediate level
- Inclusion of results in runbritain handicap scoring updates and Power of 10 website
Cross country licensing
From July 2019, UKA has made available a new Cross Country Licensing Standard 2019-2020 document and Cross Country Licensing Application Form. These documents also contain contact details for the Licensing Officers for cross country events in England.