We recognise that athletes want to plan their races as early as possible. We are pleased to publish the qualification and representative races for 2022, and announce provisional races for the 2022-2023 season.
Races for 2022-2023:
England vs Wales Masters 5km Opportunity
England Athletics worked in partnership with the England Masters Athletics Association and Welsh Athletics to provide and additional masters opportunity at the Mid Cheshire 5km in August 2023. An England Team of up to 6 people will selected in each of five 10 year age bands (35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 64-74, 75+ on the day of competition) to compete against a Welsh Masters team over 5km.
See below for the selection policy and to add your expression of interest in selection. Please note this is an addition to main masters programme is selections take place via. a selection meeting, not via qualification races.
- Download the selection policy for Mid Cheshire 5km Masters (PDF 208kB)
Main Masters Programme qualifying and representative races:
You should independently enter the actual race through their normal entry procedure, and then register as a master with our online form.
In order to be eligible for qualification you MUST register your intention in advance of the race using Roster through the links provided below. Retrospective registrations are not possible.
- Representative race: Chester 10km (March 2023)
- Qualifier 1: Helena Tipping Wrexham 10k 2022 (24 July 2022)
- Qualifier 2: Leeds Abbey Dash 10k 2022 (23 October 2022)
- Qualifier 3: Telford 10k 2022 (11 December 2022)
- Qualifier 4: North Lakes New Year 10km (2 January 2023)
- Qualifier 5: Regents Park 10k (8 January 2023)
- Representative race: Chester Half Marathon (May 2023)
- Qualification Race 1: Village Bakery Half 2022 (4 September 2022) | View the qualified Masters from the Village Bakery Half 2022
- Qualification Race 2: Bath Half Marathon (16 October 2022)
- Qualification Race 3: North Lakes New Year Half Marathon (2 January 2023)
- Qualification Race 4: Brass Monkey Half Marathon (15 January 2023)
- Qualification Race 5: Farnborough Half Marathon 2023 (23 January 2023)
- Qualification Race 6: North Lincolnshire Half Marathon (5 March 2023) | Register for the North Lincolnshire Half Marathon as a Master
- Representative race: Chester Marathon (October 2023)
- Qualification Race 1: 2022 Chester Marathon (2 October 2022)
- Qualification Race 2: 2022 Yorkshire Marathon (16 October 2022)
- Qualification Race 3: 2023 Adidas Manchester Marathon (16 April 2023) | Register for the Adidas Manchester Marathon as Master
- Qualification Race 4: 2023 London Marathon (23 April 2023) | Register for the 2023 London Marathon as Master
- Qualification Race 5: 2023 MK Marathon (1 May 2023) | Register for the 2023 MK Marathon as Master
2022-23 Registration and FAQs
For the 2022-23 season we will be introducing a new registration system where runners will register separately for each qualification race separately with other runners able to see who else is going for selection at each qualification race. Registration links will be added to this page in due course.
- View the FAQ document (PDF 360kB)
Representative Races for 2022:
- 10k representative race: 2022 Great Bristol 10k (25 September 2022) | View the qualified team for 2022 Great Bristol 10k (PDF 168 kB)
- Half Marathon representative race: 2022 Chester Half Marathon (15 May 2022) | View the Chester 2022 Half Marathon team (PDF 40kB)
- Marathon representative race: 2022 Chester Marathon (2 October 2022) | View the 2022 Chester Marathon team (PDF 188kB)
About our Masters programme
England Athletics recognises that a significant amount of the membership of road running clubs is made up of runners aged over thirty-five years. The Age Group Masters competition programme recognises and rewards the significant contribution that these runners make to our sport.
Through an annual rolling programme of qualifying events and representative opportunities we provide Masters runners with a friendly competition format and the chance to earn themselves an England Age Group Masters vest.
England Masters development webinars are open to all runners who want to make the most of their training. Find full details on the Age Group Masters opportunities page.