Due to the unprecedented events of 2020, and the impact of Covid-19 on the competition calendar, England Athletics have made significant changes to the masters arrangements for 2021.
Our focus for 2021 will be on ensuring athletes who qualified to represent England in 2019 have the opportunity to race. Representative races in 2021 will be available to all athletes who qualified in 2019 as follows;
- 11 September 2021: findarace.com Kew 10k – click for more information
- 12 September 2021: Richmond Half Marathon – click for more information
- 17 October 2021: Asda Foundation Yorkshire Marathon – click for more information
Runners who qualified in 2019 will receive an email before 9 April to confirm availability, provide entry details (a specific code is required) and with details of kit ordering.
With the racing calendar still uncertain we are looking at a range of options for qualifying for representative races in 2022. Please keep checking the masters webpages for updates.
The 2021 Rightmove Milton Keynes Marathon will be a qualifier for a representative marathon in 2022.
- Click for marathon qualifying standards for the marathon
- Click for FAQ document , including eligibility details (PDF 220kB)
To qualify, athletes must:
- Click here to register online with England Athletics in advance (on or before 30 April)
- Finish within the top five finishers in their age category based on chip times.
- Achieve the relevant qualifying standard for their age group at the race or in the preceding 24 months
**All events are still are subject to future changes or restrictions regarding Covid-19**
Our update page is www.englandathletics.org/guidanceupdate
About our Masters programme
England Athletics recognises that a significant amount of the membership of road running clubs is made up of runners aged over thirty-five years. The Age Group Masters competition programme recognises and rewards the significant contribution that these runners make to our sport. Through an annual rolling programme of qualifying events and representative opportunities we provide Masters runners with a friendly competition format and the chance to earn themselves an England Age Group Masters vest.