The England Athletics Experience — Unleash your potential
Due to the high number of applicants already received, applications are now closed for this programme.
We will be repeating this programme again in 2024, and we would love you to apply then.
Are you ready to unleash your potential?
‘The England Athletics Experience’ is open to all England Athletics registered athletes. Don’t think this challenge is for you? Think again.
All you need is to have a personal running goal that means something to you! It could be setting a new PB over a certain distance, making a positive change to your physical or mental health, running in memory of a loved one or for charity, accomplishing a new experience you’d never thought possible.
And the best part…England Athletics along with our Official Brand Partners are here to help you SMASH IT!!!
‘The England Athletics Experience’ is designed to inspire athletes and runners of all abilities and backgrounds to fulfil their potential and share their love for the sport.
As a chosen athlete, you will be at the heart of this challenge, and the focal point for everything we do. You will be required to help document your running journey and help us tell your story.
With several places in ‘The England Athletics Experience’ up for grabs the selected athletes will receive:
- Dedicated England Athletics coaching and training advice.
- A unique training plan.
- Monthly Progress Updates*
- Brand Partner Products from
- Free Race Entry**
- Chester Metric Marathon – Sunday 8 October 2023
- Chester Marathon – Sunday 8 October 2023
- Kent 5k – Sunday 1 October 2023
- Kent 10K – Sunday 1 October 2023
- Kent Half Marathon – Sunday 1 October 2023
- Morecombe 10K – Sunday 8 October 2023
- Morecombe Half Marathon – Sunday 8 October 2023
- Morecombe Marathon – Sunday 8 October 2023
- England Athletics Registered Athlete
- Have an amazing personal running goal you want to achieve.
- Please note you must be aged 18 or over to apply.
- Be available to attend one of the races above.
As a selected Athlete you will be required to do:
- Follow the advice of the England Athletics coaching team.
- Follow the training plan to the best of your ability.
- Attend monthly progress calls.
- Use, test and provide feedback on partner products during your training.
- Be available for photographs/video filming during your training and on race-day. (This will not affect your race)
- Be available to attend the race on either Sunday 1 October 2023 or Sunday 8 October 2023.
SportsShoes.com are on a mission to help people lead a happier and healthier life through running and fitness. They help you make the best product choices to achieve your fitness goals.
Learn more: SportsShoes.com partner page
As Official Teamwear Partner to England Athletics, Kukri is ready to support affiliated clubs and athletes with its full club teamwear offering – from kit design and production through to creation of an online shop.
Learn more: Kukri partner page
Whether you are training for your first marathon, getting ready for your first game, reaching a personal fitness goal, or just trying to get through the day, nothing slows you down more than pain and injury. KT Tape is light weight, comfortable to wear, and can be used for many common injuries.
Learn more: KT Tape partner page
Every product they create must speak to our 4 Fs: FUN, FASHIONABLE, FUNCTIONAL, ‘FFORDABLE. You’ll find crazy colours and names, wild limited editions, models so stylish you can wear them working out, or at happy hour – they’re made for athletes but available to anyone, starting at just £30!
Learn more: goodr partner page
From their genesis, they have set out to preserve the earth for future generations by being the most sustainable sportswear company in existence. Every garment created is crafted with the most sustainable materials and technologies, including recycled yarns, non-dying & biodegradation. Complete with traceability. No exceptions.
Learn more: Pressio partner page
The only sports headphones brand recognised by England Athletics. Race approved: Bone conduction sports headphones are the only headphones that are approved for use in all road races under the UK Athletics Rules of Competition.
Learn more: Shokz partner page
*These will take place virtually (teams/zoom) and will include all the other selected athletes. **This will either be the Chester Metric Marathon/Marathon or Kent Running Festival or Morecombe Running Festival – accommodation is not provided.
Sign in to your myAthletics portal to make sure you’re receiving the latest offers and discounts from our partners.