We are delighted to confirm the finalists for the England Athletics National Volunteer Awards – with the winners set to be announced during an online broadcast at 7pm on Saturday 29 January 2022.
Winners from our Regional Volunteer Awards 2021, hosted last November and December across the nine regions, were put forward to a panel for consideration for a national award.
England Athletics is proud to showcase the extraordinary contribution of volunteers from across the athletics and running community who have gone above and beyond during such a challenging year. Volunteers from across the country have played a vital role in steering the sport through the impacts of Covid-19 and have helped individuals and communities to stay positive and stay active.
The awards broadcast on Saturday 29 January will be screened via this website. To enable contributions from a number of different guests, the broadcast will be pre-recorded but screened ‘as live’. Click to go to the broadcast / watch again page.
The nominees for the England Athletics National Volunteer Awards are:
Club of the Year
- Nominee 1: Wirral AC (North West)
- Nominee 2: Leighton Fun Runners (East)
Coach of the Year
- Nominee 1: Simon Jamison (North East)
- Nominee 2: Jon Tilt (South East)
Newcomer to Officiating
- Nominee 1: Luke Finch (London)
- Nominee 2: Kamil Winogrodzki (North West)
Young Volunteer of the Year
- Nominee 1: Alfie Wells (South East)
- Nominee 2: Ashley Watson (North East)
Services to Athletics or Running
- Nominee 1: Les Barnett (West Midlands)
- Nominee 2: John Barwick (East)
RunTogether Group of the Year
- Nominee 1: Run Scarborough (Yorkshire & Humber)
- Nominee 2: Penkridge Runners (West Midlands)
Leader of the Year
- Nominee 1: Richard Davis (South East)
- Nominee 2: Josh Taylor (Yorkshire & Humber)
Unsung Hero of the Year
- Nominee 1: Helen Pickard (East)
- Nominee 2: Kevin White (London)
Innovation in Athletics & Running
- Nominee 1: Mark Smith (North East)
- Nominee 2: Alan Brady (North West)
Volunteering in our sport can be extremely rewarding – sharing your knowledge and passion with others to get more people into and enjoying our sport. If you’re inspired by our Regional Volunteer Awards, and would like to get involved, then click here to find out more about volunteering opportunities in athletics and running.