Code for Sports Governance
UK Sport and Sport England have confirmed high levels of full compliance with the ambitious new Code for Sports Governance. As National Governing Body for athletics and running in England, England Athletics have been confirmed as compliant with the Code, following the most widespread and exacting set of sports governance reforms implemented anywhere in the world.
The Code contains important changes to the governance of sport, including:
- Greater transparency, enabling participants and fans to better understand the decision-making of those leading their sports
- Reforms to board memberships, including at least 25% independent members
- Commitments to greater diversity, including at least 30% of each gender on boards
- Establishing boards as the ultimate decision-making authority within a sport rather than traditional councils
- Tighter term limits for board and council members to ensure a regular renewal of ideas and expertise