As your membership and development body, England Athletics is committed to helping you raise awareness of your club in your community and to help make athletics the most inclusive, popular and successful sport across England. We are rolling out a new child-centred programme called funetics, which will help 4-11 year old children to learn how to run, jump and throw all year round for a healthy confident future.
We are inviting each of our affiliated clubs to become part of the funetics movement. Click here to find out more and register to attend our information events to explore the opportunities for your club, members and your local community:
- North West region – 4 September at the Regional Arena (formerly Sportcity), Manchester from 7pm onwards
- Yorkshire & Humberside region – 9 September at the Holiday Inn Express, Leeds from 7pm onwards
- North East region – 10 September at the Gateshead Stadium from 7pm onwards
- East Midlands region – 17 September at the Marriot Leicester from 7pm onwards
- West Midlands region – 18 September at the Birmingham Marriot Hotel, from 7pm onwards
- London region – 25 September at London City Runners Clubhouse from 7pm onwards
Online video conference sessions
- East region – 23 September via dial in at 6.30pm
- South East region – 24 September via dial in at 7pm
- South West region – 26 September via dial in at 7pm
Please note, clubs can attend any of the above dial-in sessions available and can also contact the funetics support team ahead of these events taking place to chat through the programme in more detail.
What happens next?
From September 2019, your club will be able to apply to become a funetics provider and be one of our first affiliated clubs to deliver our new child-centred and inclusive funetics programme, which is specifically designed to help improve the physical literacy of primary school children. To help inspire the children, Commonwealth Heptathlon Champion Katarina Johnson Thompson has agreed to be our funetics ambassador and the funetics’ insole partner, Enertor, brings with them the support of the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt.
Your club licence will give you access to the three free places on a one day funetics coaching workshop, a website to help advertise and manage funetics sessions, which will provide an additional income stream for your club, coaches and parents’ apps and everything you need to help deliver, manage and promote your club’s funetics sessions.
Our vision is for every primary school aged child in the country to be able to access funetics sessions to learn the fundamental movements skills of running, jumping and throwing via a trackable physical literacy based course, which reflects the recent government plans to address inactivity amongst children. Together we can help strengthen the role of sport within children’s daily routine and our vision can become a reality across the nation: click here to complete the expression of interest form.
If you would like to discuss the funetics club licence in more detail, as well as explore other non-club licence opportunities ahead of these information events, please get in touch via email at email@example.com.