Amateur Athletic Association Annual General Meeting:
(in accordance with Article 7(B) of the Articles of Association)
Preliminary Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Amateur Athletic Association will be held in the Birchfield Club Room, Back Straight Stand, Alexander Stadium, Birmingham on Thursday 12 March 2020 at 12.00 noon for the following purposes:
- To receive the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ending 30th September 2019
- To elect the Officers. In accordance with Articles 7(C) and 13(A) of the Articles of Association a Member is entitled to submit nominations which must be received by the Secretary at the address of the Association (at the top of the page) not later than close of business on 22nd January 2020. The positions open to nominations are (current Officers shown in brackets):
– The President
– The Chairman (Walter Nicholls)
– The Honorary Secretary (Geoff Durbin)
– The Honorary Treasurer (Martin Etchells)
- In accordance with article 7(E)(v) of the Articles of Association, to accept representatives from Road Running, Cross Country and Track and Field disciplines as selected by the representative working group for each such discipline. The representative for Cross Country Is also to represent Fell Running and the representative for Track and Field is also to represent Race Walking and Tug of War.
- In accordance with article 16(B) of the Articles of Association, to renew the tenure of such Directors of the Association as may have been appointed by the Management Board since the last Annual General Meeting.
- To elect the Inspector of the Accounts and agree their remuneration.
- To consider any resolutions submitted in accordance with Articles 7(C) and 9(A) of the Articles of Association, notice of which will be given in the notice convening the meeting.
Pursuant to the Articles of Association, Final Notice of the Annual General Meeting will be given in due course.
If you would like the Final Notice and accompanying documents sent to you in the post or via email please contact Carolyn Newton before 10 February 2020 via
Post: AAA, Unit 11 Wincham Avenue, Cheshire, CW9 6GB
Phone: 01928 732 228
and she will forward them as requested to your postal or email address.
The Final Notice will be posted on the England Athletics website on 12 February 2020
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
17 December 2019