Nominations are now closed for our 2021 England Athletics Regional Volunteer Awards.
Our selection panel will now review all submissions and select the regional winners and runners-up (to be announced at their regional awards night). Regional winners will then be put forward to an external panel for the chance to win one of our prestigious National Volunteer Awards.
Due to the success of last year’s virtual regional awards nights, the 2021 Regional Volunteer Awards will once again see the awards hosted online for each of the nine regions through November and early December.
The 2021 Hall of Fame and Awards evening gives you the chance to meet the winning volunteers for the National Awards 2020, (2021 winners will be invited to next year’s event) plus we will be inducting the Hall of Fame, Class of 2021, so this is your opportunity to be in the same room as some of the greats from the world of athletics. It is a great night of celebration, also celebrating achievements by some of the athletes that have competed this year; click to buy tickets.
- Club of the Year: Recognising the achievements of a club, as well as demonstrating ongoing commitment and passion through the opportunities they have given to everyone involved in the club over the last 12 months.
- Coach of the Year: Recognising an individual who has demonstrated their ongoing commitments and passion for coaching within athletics and running over the last 12 months.
- Newcomer to Officiating: Recognising an enthusiastic official who makes a brilliant contribution to athletics in their local area, club or region (who has qualified within the last five years).
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Recognising the efforts of a volunteer who is seen as invaluable within their club, local area or region over the last 12 months.
- Young Volunteer of the Year (14-21): Recognising the efforts and achievement of a young volunteer (aged 14-21) who is making significant contributions to their local club, area or region.
- RunTogether Group of the Year: Recognising a RunTogether Group that provides friendly, supportive, and welcoming group running opportunities in their community over the last 12 months.
- Leader of the Year: Recognising an individual who has demonstrated their passion and commitment for leading within athletics and running over the last 12 months. This includes individuals who are qualified in Leading Athletics and Leadership in Running Fitness.
- Innovation in Athletics and Running: Recognising an individual/club/group who helped support their local community to stay active during the last 12 months. This may include creative ideas and virtual support during the global pandemic and beyond it.
- Services to Athletics or Running: Recognising short term impactful work and/or long-term outstanding service to the sport from an individual or group of individuals.