The level 1 Photo-Finish Official course is an entry level qualification on the UK Athletics Track & Field Officials’ pathway.
This 4 hour, practical course will introduce candidates to the roles, responsibilities and duties of a Photo-Finish Judge, how a photo finish picture is created, and how to interpret the picture to produce a correct race result.
Who should go on this course?
Anyone aged 16+ with an interest in using technology to determine race positions.
What will I learn?
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Photo-Finish Judge and the tasks pertaining to them.
- Understand how a photo finish picture is created.
- Be able to interpret a picture effectively and produce a correct result.
Is there an assessment?
There isn’t an assessment but after the course candidates need to complete at least 4 competition experiences to become licensed. Candidates must have completed the Health & Safety course for Officials as well.
What do I do after the course?
- It is essential you complete a DBS. For guidance on this please click here.
- Ensure there is a passport quality photograph added to your myAthletics profile (head shot on a white background).
- Complete a minimum of 4 experiences for Level 1.
- Complete the Level 1 Application for Accreditation.
- Send your completed Level 1 Application for Accreditation to email@example.com
- For more information on progressing through the Officials’ Pathway please click here.
Health & Safety Online
This FREE online course should be completed for anyone training to become a Track and Field Athletics Official. The course will need to be completed before a licence can be issued at Level 1. The course will need to be undertaken by officials every three years.
Duration: The course will typically take around 90 minutes to complete with a multi choice assessment exercise upon competition. Note: To complete the course candidates will need to achieve a pass mark of 75% or above.