Expressions of interest are now open for a new and exciting officials’ mentoring project, which initially, will be piloted in the East Region.
The mentoring project is aimed at officials who have recently attended a course and would like support around developing their confidence / skills in officiating as well as current officials who would like some additional support to progress through the officiating pathway.
Signing up to the programme as a mentee could help to:
- Provide support and knowledge to help developing your officiating skills.
- Develop your confidence in officiating through shadowing experienced officials at events.
- Guidance around local events you can attend.
- Help with completing your paperwork to become a licensed official or progress through the officiating pathway.
The benefits of signing up to the project as a mentor include:
- Fantastic opportunity to develop and improve officiating within your area by bringing through higher skilled officials.
- Rewarding and motivational experience.
- A chance to develop your own skills, including listening and providing feedback.
A training / induction session will also be delivered to mentors to help support them in their role.
If you are an official based in the East Region, would like to be involved in the pilot project as either a mentor, or a mentee we’d love to hear from you! Go to eaofficials.co.uk to find out more or to sign up.
Expressions of interest close on Friday 27th July 2018. If you would like any further information on the project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org