Qualified officials can also undertake training on particular topics within or outside their main discipline.
The Regional and National Officiating Conferences are a good opportunity to attend workshops as diverse as Gadgets and Gizmos for the Technical Team, Seeding, Conflict Management, and Gun Technology.
UK Communities of Practice
Working in Partnership, UKA and the Home Country Athletics Federations (Athletics Northern Ireland, England Athletics, Scottish Athletics and Welsh Athletics) put together a programme of short sessions that focus on particular areas of officiating and cover a wide range of topics across different disciplines. The sessions allow for continuous and professional development (CPD) for officials across different disciplines and levels.
- How to use My Athletics Portal and Athletics Hub
- Inclusive behaviours, language and best practice
- Timekeeping – best practice
- Leading a long throw
- Working within a start team
- Introduction to competition admin roles
- How to progress along the Officials’ Endurance Pathway
- Roles within a photofinish team