The Virgin Money London Marathon process for club place allocation for the 2019 event has been announced. Applications will open on the week of 5 November with the number of club places allocated based on the number of registered first claim members over the age of 18 on that date.
By ensuring your club's athlete registrations are up to date you will ensure you are able to apply for the maximum possible number of club places.
As announced by the Virgin Money London Marathon at www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/how-to-enter/british-athletics-club-entry the number of entries given to each club is based on how many first claim registered members over the age of 18 the club has on 5th November as follows. Ensuring your athlete registrations with England Athletics are up to date on will maximise the number of places that your club is eligible for:
- 1 entry is allocated to clubs with 10-150 first claim registered members
- 2 entries are allocated to clubs with 151-250 first claim registered members
- 3 entries are allocated to clubs with 251-350 first claim registered members
- 4 entries ares allocated to clubs with 351 or more first claim registered members
Clubs with fewer than 10 first claim-registered members will be placed in a ballot. After the application deadline, 20 clubs will be drawn at random and allocated one place each. Registered club athletes may also be eligible for a Championships entry if they meet the criteria.
- Click here for more details on the London Marathon website
- Go to www.englandathletics.org/affiliation for more information on England Athletics Club Affiliation