England Athletics is pleased to confirm the process for its 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and to outline details of a webinar we will be hosting for members on 15 September 2020 from 6-7pm.
Member clubs should note that the process for this 2020 AGM differs from previous years due to the impact of Covid-19.
In acknowledgement that our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our members and staff, and to reduce unnecessary travel, this year’s AGM will be a closed meeting (scheduled 10 October 2020). Attendance at the AGM will therefore be restricted to a minimum number of persons required to be physically present to comply with company law and England Athletics’ articles, subject to applicable indoor social distancing measures and Government guidelines. Whilst a postponement was considered, we would still have been required to hold the AGM before the end of December this year and we anticipate that prohibitive social distancing measures are still likely to be in place at that time.
However, because of this, we have put additional measures in place to ensure that you, our member clubs, can continue to remain engaged with, and play an active role in, this year’s AGM. This includes:
- All resolutions to be dealt with by proxy – with all member clubs being circulated proxy voting forms and associated documentation well in advance of the AGM (from week commencing 14 September 2020).
- Pre-AGM webinar (to be held on 15 September 2020) to enable members to receive a direct update from England Athletics Board Directors. This will include the presentation that would have been delivered at an open AGM meeting, had that been possible, as well as an opportunity for members to submit any questions to the Board as we look to the future.
Pre-AGM webinar for members
- The pre-AGM webinar with England Athletics Board Directors for members will be held on Tuesday 15 September 2020 from 6-7pm. Due to the changes to this year’s AGM process, as a result of Covid-19, the purpose of this pre-AGM webinar is to ensure that member clubs remain engaged through this year’s AGM process.
- We encourage member club representatives to click here to sign-up online to attend the pre-AGM webinar.
- The webinar will include an update on activities and financials from the last 12 months and will look forward at the opportunities and challenges as we emerge from the last six months and the Covid-19 impacts.
- The webinar will also provide members with an opportunity to ask questions of the Board of Directors as we look to the future.
Formal Notification and Issue of AGM Paperwork including Proxy Voting Forms
During the week commencing 14 September 2020, England Athletics will issue the formal notification of the AGM and will make available the relevant paperwork, which will include England Athletics proxy voting forms 2020 in relation to the following:
- To approve the minutes of the previous AGM held on 12 October 2019
- To receive the Company’s accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2020 together with the reports of the Directors and of the Auditors therein
- To appoint the Company’s Auditors for the year ending 31 March 2021 and delegate agreement of remuneration to the Board
- Members’ approval of the extension of the appointment of Myra Nimmo as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM
- Members’ approval of the extension of the appointment of Leshia Hawkins as a Director of the Company through to the 2021 AGM
- Voting by Members on a new directly Elected Director (closing date for nominations 4 September 2020)
Further communication relating specifically to the 2020 AGM will be circulated during week commencing 14 September 2020.