In partnership with Sport England, England Athletics' Club Support team has organised a series of free virtual workshops for affiliated clubs, focusing on: Volunteering Experience, Participant Experience and Engaging your Community. These workshops are short training sessions aimed at developing volunteer skills, improving knowledge, and ultimately helping clubs to reflect and develop during this challenging time.
The workshops are interactive, and discussion based and are delivered by a specialist tutor with support from an England Athletics Club Support Manager. See below for details and booking links.
Saturday 13 March, 11am – 1pm OR Wednesday 17 March, 7-9pm
Clubs often find themselves short of volunteers. The way that people volunteer and the time they have to give is not the same as it used to be. Ensuring volunteers feel recognised, rewarded and part of the team is essential.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to support clubs to:
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within a club environment
- Identify how to develop the volunteer’s experience
- Identify top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve their club volunteer experience
- Understand how to access further information to help improve the volunteer experience
Saturday 20 March, 11-1pm OR Wednesday 24 March, 7-9pm)
With so much competition for people’s time, how do you support a club to best position themselves to ensure their club is chosen over other opportunities? By understanding what existing and potential members want and need from a club, a great experience can be created, aiding retention and satisfaction.
By the end of this online workshop, delegates will be able to support clubs to:
- Identify what constitutes a great Athlete/Runner experience
- Review their current Athlete/Runner experience
- Identify how to bring about change to positively influence the Athlete/Runner experience
- Develop an action plan and understand how to access further support
Engaging your community
Saturday 27 March, 11-1pm OR Wednesday 31 March, 7-9pm
Understanding and engaging with your community is a vital part of club sustainability. This workshop will guide you to understand who your local community are and how you can effectively engage with them to maximise the benefit for both the club and the community.
By the end of this online workshop, delegates will be able to:
- An understanding of the principles of community engagement
- Explored the benefits of community engagement for both the club and the community
- Explored how their club can meet the needs of the local community and identified how to engage with their community
- Identified actions to improve your club’s community engagement and increase participation
Delegates must be:
- From an England Athletics affiliated Club (max two volunteers per club)
- a minimum of least 16 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English
In order to access this workshop online, delegates will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
- If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
For information please contact email@example.com