England Athletics will be holding this event on Sunday 24 February 2019, the day after the ECCA National Cross-country, in Leeds with guests including Jon Brown, Barry Fudge, Steve Vernon, Rob Denmark and Jenny Meadows.
You will be able to hear from coaching experts as well as having opportunities to discuss ideas.
Throughout the day there will be three 90 minute interview sections based on three endurance areas:
- 5000m / 10,000m / cross country
- Road & Marathon
The following panel of experts have been confirmed:
- Trevor Painter - Coach to Jenny Meadows
- Jenny Meadows - Former athlete. World Indoor Championships silver medallist at 800m
- Craig Winrow - Coach and former athlete. 1:45.69 for 800m.
- Rob Denmark - British Athletics Endurance coach and former athlete. Commonwealth Games 5000m champion.
- Steve Vernon - Coach and manager of Team New Balance Manchester. Former athlete including 8 x English National Cross Country Championships individual medallist
- Barry Fudge - Head of Endurance at British Athletics.
- Jon Brown - Coach and former athlete. Twice fourth placed finish at the Olympic Marathon
The four England Athletics endurance regional coach leads will also be available throughout the day:
- Nick Anderson (South West)
- Tom Craggs (Midlands)
- Helen Clitheroe (North)
- Mark Brace (South West)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come along and interact with other coaches and the panel of experts and ask questions or just sit back and take in the information.
Places are limited and you must book for a place on the day, both coaches and athletes can book on this day.
The cost is £25 for the whole day and includes refreshments hot and cold mid-morning and afternoon snacks, lunch and car parking.
The event is being held at Village Hotel. Leeds North.186 Otley Rd, Headingly, Leeds. LS16 5PR.