On Friday 9 September the Senior English Mountain Running Championships took place as part of the trial race for Novembers World Mountain and Trail Running Championships in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The uphill only race took place on Skiddaw in the Lake District, with competitors racing the 8.5k/840m climb in blustery, wet, challenging conditions seeking that special GB selection.
- Joe Steward (coach: Harry Kelly; club: Salford Harriers)
- Dan Haworth (Matlock AC)
- Chris Richards (Duncan Richards, Helm Hill Runners AC)
- Phillipa Williams (Dark Peak Fell Runners)
- Ruth Jones (Duncan Mason, Salford Harriers)
- Sara Willhoit (Mercia Fell Runners)
On Sunday came the highly contested Up & Down trial for the World Mountain & Trail Championships which incorporated the U20 English Mountain Running Championships. In much better weather the fast, 6.9k/240m course included climbs over the hills north of Moffat, with some very exciting racing and athletes fighting for GB selection.
- Finlay Grant (Dark Peak Runners)
- Will Longden (Buxton AC)
- Ed Corden (Stockport Harriers AC, Michael Doyle)
- Jess Bailey (Leven Valley AC, Matthew Long)
- Ellen Weir (Hercules Wimbledon, Anne Hegvold)
- Rebecca Flaherty (Bingley Harriers AC)