England Athletics will be contesting a Combined Events Home Countries International in Manchester on 4-5 August. They will take on teams from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and England Athletics will aim to field the best possible team.
The primary aim of selections for the team will be to contribute to the development of potential Commonwealth Games 2022 athletes via way of exposure to international competition and environment.
The secondary purpose of the selections will be to enable the best athletes competing in the National Championships to progress to further development competition opportunities
Given the statements above selection will be made from consideration of;
- Final position at the National Championships in May
- Form from 2017. Coaches and athletes wanting to be considered from 2017 performance marks must give any relevant current information.
- Commonwealth Games potential will only be judged and applied where there is an unclear selection based on 1. and 2. and in the selectors' opinion exposure to an international environment would benefit their development.
Selection is currently planned for Monday 15th July
Any athlete or coach is encouraged to register their interest in selection by contacting one of the following selectors;
- Kelly Sotherton, Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Day, Team Manager: email@example.com