England Athletics are delighted to announce a team of five men and five women to represent England at the International Inter Area Relays on 15 August.
The event, organised by Northern Athletics, will see the team will compete against teams including North Ireland, Wales, Armed Forces, area teams from the North and Midlands and a combined Leeds University team. Each athlete will race over a road two mile leg on a closed road circuit at the Brownlee Centre. A live stream will be available.
Team Manager Kyle Bennett said,
"We are delighted to be able to give athletes an opportunity to compete and represent their country after what has been an incredibly challenging 18 months. It will be great to support the athletes as they compete against some top talent from across the home nations, areas and armed forces."
England Athletics Road Running Manager Tom Craggs added,
"Thank you to Rob Cameron and Northern Athletics for organising this event and giving athletes the opportunity to compete. The very high number and quality of expressions of interest as well as the standard of the selected teams shows athletes are really engaged with this event. Congratulations to all those selected."
- Nicole Taylor (Kent AC, Richard Owen)
- Sarah Astin (City of Norwich, Geoff Watkin)
- Kate Avery (Shildon)
- Eleanor Bolton (Ribble Valley)
- Lucy Robinson (Leeds, Keiron Hall)
- Daniel Bebbington (Preston, Helen Clitheroe)
- Ricky Harvie (AFD, Joel Kidger)
- Miles Weatherseed (Tonbridge, Mark Hookway)
- Cameron Allen (Houghton Harriers, Mick Woods)
- Jonathan Escalante-Phillips (Cambridge & Coleridge, Marc Scott)
- Team Leader - Kyle Bennett
- Team Coach - Jo Wilkinson