Would you like to increase the number of younger people supporting you through volunteering at your club and would like some help to make that happen?
Following the successful pilot stage of the Game Changers Youth Volunteering Programme which launched in April 2017, applications are open until Monday 5th March, to support more clubs and groups to involve young people in volunteering opportunities.
Funded by our partners Spirt of 2012, the Game Changers Youth Volunteering Programme offers clubs the opportunity to apply for a package of support, to involve more young people aged between 14-25 in volunteering opportunities at the club. This can be in a number of roles, dependent on what they are interested in and your needs, including officiating, coaching, event marshalling and more.
How can Game Changers Benefit Your Club?
- Increase the number of volunteers supporting the club
- Bring new/fresh ideas to the club
- Develop the range of skills across the club
- Try something new, which the club hasn’t done before
Bracknell Athletics Club who got involved last year have been supporting 10 young people through their Coaching Assistant Course. The young people have had the chance to learn and develop new skills and gain experience through a wide range of opportunities, including weekly coaching sessions, officiating at events, leading groups of young athletes at the Quad Kids tournament and planning their own sessions.
The impact the project has had on the club is huge, as it has enabled Bracknell to clear their year 5 waiting list as an additional 2 coaching groups can run mid-week. Caroline Bennett, who coordinates the Game Changers Programme at Bracknell says, “Not only has the club benefited hugely but so have the Game Changers. I can see they have grown in confidence, they are proud to be coaches and give back to their club. Their communication has improved, their organisation and their self-esteem.”
If you think that your club could really benefit from engaging young people in volunteering opportunities, please read over the below documents for more information and to apply:
- Information for Clubs document (PDF 3.7MB) - This provides you with more information about the project, key dates and requirements of the funding.
- GC1: Application Form (DOC 400kB) - This needs to be completed and submitted to email@example.com
- GC2: Budget Template (XLS 770kB) - This needs to be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GC3: Guidance Notes for completing application (PDF 300kB) - This document will provide additional information and examples of how to answer questions within the application.
- Information for Partners document (PDF 1.5MB) - Are you looking to make a link with a partner organisation such as a College or University? This document can be shared with the organisation to provide them with more information on our Game Changers Youth Volunteering Programme.
Applications close for this exciting opportunity on Monday 5th March 2018.
You can also contact us at email@example.com with any questions you might have.