Firstly, we would like to thank our members for their involvement in the 2021 England Athletics AGM which was held earlier today [Saturday 23 October] at the Hilton Metropole Hotel, NEC, Solihull, B40 1PP.
This thank you is extended to those members who voted either by proxy or in person and to others who joined us on the 2021 AGM live stream, which was a first for an England Athletics AGM and shows our ongoing commitment to openness, transparency, and engagement on matters of governance.
We are pleased to confirm that Clive Poyner was successfully voted onto the England Athletics Board as the membership-elected director. Clive, who is chair of Athletics Norfolk in the East of England Region, will serve for an initial first term of four years through to the 2025 AGM. We would like to formally place on record our thanks to both Clive and Jon Clarke who was the other candidate contesting this election. (Voting results: Clive Poyner 68; Jon Clarke 28).
We can confirm that all other meeting motions were carried as proposed in the pre-AGM notices, namely that:
- The minutes of the previous 2020 AGM held at the Royal Society of Medicine on Saturday 10 October were approved.
- The Company’s audited accounts for the financial year ended 31 March 2021 were received.
- Members confirmed the re-appointment of the Company’s Auditors, Haysmacintyre, for the year ending 31 March 2022 and the delegated agreement of remuneration to the Board.
- Members confirmed the appointment of Gary Shaughnessy as Director of the Company and Chair through to the 2024 AGM.
- Members approved the re-appointment of Leshia Hawkins as a Director of the Company through to the 2024 AGM [Leshia’s first four-year term expired in 2020, but as recruitment would have been hindered by the COVID-19 pandemic, her term was extended for one year at the 2020 AGM. Therefore, Leisha’s 2021 appointment is for the remaining three years of her second term].
- The proposed changes to the Articles were approved.
England Athletics – 23 October 2021