Thank you for a fantastic response to our Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshops this year. We are now coming to the end of our courses for 2022. You can still book onto the remaining courses in the following locations: Eastbourne, Leicester, Scunthorpe, and Leeds.
We will be running the Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running Workshops next year from April to September 2023. Please refer back to this page next March for an update on the locations and booking information for 2023.
The Sight Loss Awareness and Guide Running workshop enables Leaders, Coaches and volunteers to attract and support more blind and partially sighted people in athletics and running.
- Information on types of visual impairment and common sight loss conditions
- Appropriate terminology and behaviour
- Making sessions blind and partially sighted participant friendly
- Guide running top tips, safety
- Guide running practical sessions
- Further support and resources
- Effectively guide blind and partially sighted runners
- Provide training sessions that are enjoyable and accessible for blind and partially sighted runners
- Awareness of where and how to access further support and information